Dell xps m1530 bios password

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Tony152, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Tony152

Tony152 MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2014
    Hi all, I'm having trouble with my Dell M1530, randomly it just asks me for a bios password (BIOS Revision A07) so I researched a lot and tried several different methods.

1. The first method I tried was to completely disassemble the laptop and pull out the little battery hoping for a forced reset, so having done that and spending countless hours assembling and dissembling it, this method did not work it still asks me for a password.

2. So I stumbled upon a script I could try on this forum followed the steps entered my error code into the command prompt that showed up and it gave me a password which didn't work.

3. Finally my last and feeble attempt at trying to fix this problem was to call Dell themselves and have them help me out with some technical magic, and they offer me a password to get in. Behold!!! It was the same password that the command prompt script had generated.

So I come to you for some help with this situation, I am a very technical guy, I've fixed many computer problems over the last couple years but this one definitely is the most challenging one I've worked on. Thank you for any advice or support, it's greatly appreciated.

DELL XPS M1530
    BIOS REVISION A07
    SERVICE TAG - 2ZW4MF1
    EXPRESS SERVICE CODE - 6523844221
    ERROR CODE SHOWING - #2ZW4MF1-595B
    PASSWORD FROM COMMAND PROMPT SCRIPT - zvhuqlef
    PASSWORD FROM DELL - zvhuqlef

- Note that whenever I enter any keys onto the keyboard (or external keboard) nothing shows up, no asterisks show up (*), nor letters but whenever I hit enter, the enter key registers and says hit enter to retry until the third attempt where then it says hit enter to abort which at that point the computer shuts down. Also, the F2 and F12 keys lead me to the same place asking for a BIOS password, they do not lead me into the bios or boot order.

2. tqhoang

tqhoang MDL BIOS Modder

Apr 29, 2008
    It really sounds like you have something inside that is creating an electrical short. Take off the back covers and check your WiFi and WWAN antenna wires.

I had a similar problem with an XPS M1530 where one of the WWAN antenna wires was not capped with an insulation cover. It was floating around and the BIOS would always lock up. I ended up just putting some electric tape around it and presto.

3. Tony152

Tony152 MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2014
    Thank you for the input I tried it, still the same problem.

4. Tony152

Tony152 MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2014
    any advice is appreciated