Desperately need Windows Xp Pro 2002 wSP2

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by fnolteiii, Feb 18, 2014.

1. fnolteiii

fnolteiii MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2014
    I HAVE 5 OEM dvd's with genuine COA's but the discs are so scratched I just can't get a clean install. Where can I DL the iso file for XP 2002 with SP2? As previously mentioned, I believe my cd keys will work because all but one has been dismantled & scrapped for other systems. I've tried downloading some MSDNAA files but always get redirected to some bullsh*t site that has nothing to do with what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
    fnolteiii

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    #2 s1ave77, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
    For the Record: Hopefully you are aware that the lifecycle for XP SP2 already ended and the one for XP SP3 will do in april :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Just pointing out member did not say if he was looking for home or pro edition.

6. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    pro in the title now, dunno if it was before lol

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    oops neither did I, just noticed it when you pointed it out :eek:

8. fnolteiii

fnolteiii MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2014
    I appreciate all of your input but oh what a time I had. For one reason or another, the cd keys on my original COA's for Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 were not recognized as valid cd keys. So I called Microsoft for an explanation of why It wouldn't accept my COA's that I had and even offered to take a picture of the envelope & send it to her, I won't go there now. The answer I received from Microsoft was that when you install a copy of an OS onto a computer, the license agreement only allows you to install that software one time. I didn't mention in my initial request that I upgraded the hard drive from 500GB to a 2 terabyte drive. However, because I changed 1 piece of hardware, Microsoft considers your copy null & void. So I asked what my options where as I needed to have that machine running XP Pro & did not want to violate any copyright laws. I was told that for a mere $99.00, they could sell me a new CD Key that would only be supported until April 14, 2014. I asked if I could purchase a copy of Windows 7 Pro instead because it will continue to be supported for longer than 60 days. She was unable to sell me Windows 7 through Microsoft because they were only offering Windows 8. I explained that the current system would not be able to run Windows 8 without a major overhaul of the machine & I was not financially or mentally prepared to do that. Eventually, I found an original cd that my son had taken, without permission or my knowledge, and had it tucked away in a drawer where he stores his game cd's & dvd's. I went through the setup process with the original cd & it accepted my COA & when I went to activate my copy of Windows through the Microsoft website, it went right through, no questions asked. I've since installed service pack 3 & the other 137 updates & the machine is running quite nicely considering its age. Thank you all again for your links, tip & tricks and I appreciate knowing that there are still people out there that will lend a hand when in need!
    Kindest Regards,
    fnolteiii

9. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Glad you got it sorted, just FYI, whoever you talked to at Microsoft was full of crap. There is no limitation on how many times you can reinstall Windows on the same machine, and only changing the motherboard with a different kind would count as it being a different machine.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  12. fnolteiii

fnolteiii MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2014
    All I can say is that is Exactly what the support rep. told me. 1 cd, 1 install, no exceptions. When you gentlemen purchase your software, these "retail Discs" as you are calling them, where do you purchase them from? I have a major supplier that happens to be 20 minutes from the house (ASI) & as a customer of theirs, I can purchase single copies, 3 packs or 10 packs of Microsoft Windows XP Pro, in this instance. Should I be asking for something different? I am a system builder on the side, mostly for fun & only for friends & family, so it's not like I'm making any money doing it. It's a hobby for me & I get to see the latest toys on the market by building machines with newer hardware. But ASI only offers OEM software that I am aware of and at a discounted rate because I applied for a tax ID for a electronics & computer repair & installation company. That's the only way you can set up an account with ASI.