Developer feature to sideload apps on LTSB

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by digitalcongo, Aug 1, 2015.

1. digitalcongo

digitalcongo MDL Novice

Nov 3, 2009
    I just noticed the developer feature to allow sideloading apps in Settings/Update&Security/ForDevelopers
    I'm on LTSB and was sorta interested in using windows photo viewer
    Anyone try this, know how, or of a repository of apps?
    I know I know, i installed LTSB to avoid all the bloat, but there is definitely still some Windows Photo Viewer presence in the LTSB version.
    For instance, I noticed Windows Photo Viewer was an option when trying to associate image files.
    Naturally it is unsuccessful if clicked, but its integration is still floating in the OS.

2. speedbirdengineer

speedbirdengineer MDL Novice

Oct 20, 2011
    If you want photo viewer in windows 10 this is the method to do so as explained by the pros on this forum

http forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/63262-How-to-bring-back-Windows-Photo-Viewer

3. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    I think sideloading/developer mode is available on all editions of Windows 10. I don't know about Core/Home, but Pro has it. Nonetheless, Photo Viewer has nothing to do with it (as someone already pointed out) because it's a traditional Win32 tool, no need for sideloading here, just some registry tweaking.

The only repository of apps I know is the Windows Store itself. I think people/companies who are really interested in the platform and develop for it will put their stuff in the Store. The only reason for not doing so is maybe for open source, but I bet close to none from this area is doing UWP development.