Developer Preview Weather App

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by KrlzGmz, Aug 24, 2012.

1. KrlzGmz

KrlzGmz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    #1 KrlzGmz, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    Okay, we are on RTM, MSDN/Technet release, couple months away from General Availability.
    Where's the port of the awesome Weather app from Developer Preview with live background (.avi video looping)?

Anyone still running Developer Preview and/or has the .iso handy for a quick virtual machine.
    I need the Weather App folder located in:

%ProgramFiles%\Applications\microsoft.weather_1.0.0.26_neutral_neutral_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    (
    You may require permission change/ownership to reach this folder and also have to check the show hidden files, folders to see the hidden ‘Application’ folder)

Sadly I deleted all the "obsolete" .iso's of previous Windows 8 Previews I had around to save space and only kept RTM.
    It would take me a couple days to re-download DP over my poor connection so anyone with some free time, willing to help me would be greatly appreciated.

2. KrlzGmz

KrlzGmz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    Anyone? :(

3. Boyfriend

Boyfriend MDL Senior Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Weather App is part of RTM and live tile work fine. I have just noticed that an update is also available for Weather App in Store :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KrlzGmz

KrlzGmz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    I'm sorry, did you read the entire post? I'll give you the bullet points:
    1. Developer Preview
    2. Weather App from Developer Preview.
    3. AVI VIDEO looping on the background inside the app.
    4. VIDEO inside the app. I never mentioned Live TILE.

5. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    I can only assume that the looping AVI you keep mentioning is not possible from the RTM version, if no one has ported the DP version, maybe the onus is on you to do the leg work.

6. KrlzGmz

KrlzGmz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    You talk about it like you've never seen/heard of it before. I don't see why it would work on DP but not on RTM, probably I'm the only one who found that version of Weather really cool so I guess it's on my to do the porting.

7. roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT MDL Addicted

Sep 1, 2007
    Nice way of being a smart-a** to someone who was kind enough to try to answer what he thought you might want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. KrlzGmz

KrlzGmz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    I apologize if that came out the wrong way, I've been in a bad mood lately, even if that's no excuse.

I just couldn't understand how "I want weather from DP with video background" came off as "Where's weather on RTM?"
    I even felt a little shocked he thought I couldn't find a 3 inches baby-blue square with Weather slapped on it.

9. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    #9 Mr Jinje, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    Most people don't run the DP or CP or RC or anything other than RTM. Some do, but not all. Meaning the advice giving pool might be limited in that regards. I personally don't use them because too much can change and I only need to learn enough about Windows 8 to support my employee's who will be showing up in two months with new 8Phones and craplets that I'll have to make play nice with the domain.

10. ps3cfw

ps3cfw MDL Junior Member

May 30, 2012
    I do, i have Depelover Preview on my pc, but I don't have step 3 and 4, so I don't really know if I can help you.

11. KrlzGmz

KrlzGmz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    You have Developer Preview available? That's great. I don't know what you mean by step 3 and 4. Do you need help showing hidden files or taking ownership of the folder?

All I need you to do in .zip that folder and upload it to any file-host of your liking.

If you need any help, ask me.

12. EricMarsi

EricMarsi MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2012
    dl.dropbox.com/u/85992238/microsoft.weather_1.0.0.26_neutral_neutral_8wekyb3d8bbwe.rar happy

13. KrlzGmz

KrlzGmz MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    Very happy. Thank you :D

14. EricMarsi

EricMarsi MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2012
    #14 EricMarsi, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
    no prob...........

15. mallo

mallo MDL Junior Member

Feb 3, 2011

I need too, but the file is offline ... you could upload it again ? thx !:eek:

16. tere112

tere112 MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2009
    It's not offline, just remove the space between 3 and d and word happy at the end.

17. mallo

mallo MDL Junior Member

Feb 3, 2011
    LOOOOL... :suicide::wheelchair::death::bangin::thumbsup: Thanks

18. EricMarsi

EricMarsi MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2012
    had to do it, since I couldn't post links :p

19. c-dan

c-dan MDL Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Me too!

I also want this! :smile3: