dhcp server softwar

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by targat, Nov 21, 2013.

1. targat

targat MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2011
    hellow

i need to install a dhcp server in a windows 7 for a small network of 20 station

if you can tell me what is the best dhcp server softwar

thx :D:eek::D

2. targat

targat MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2011

thx for your response:biggrin:

i actually know this way, the problem that it does not give much control

thus why i want to install a server softwar

3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
  4. targat

targat MDL Novice

Jul 2, 2011
    hello
    i had 20 station
    access point

and the network is in a class where i teach.

every time i finish, i must turn off the access point so the database of the given ip are lost, which caused some problem to me (i can't fix the ips)

i searched and i have found some dhcp server software but i don't know the best of them

TFTP server
    Open DHCP Server
    dhcpsrv

thx

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    "Best" is a rather elusive concept. What's best for me and my LAN may not be for yours. As is the usual case, opinions differ and that is usually seen in the software recommendations found on pretty much every forum. Why not just try them and see what you like?

With my router's firmware, I have the ability to hard code addresses. Have you looked into doing that?

Why do you shut down the AP? Unless it's school policy to do so, just let it run all the time. An AP draws very little power and who knows, the daily shutdown/restart cycles and their accompanying cooling off/heating up cycles might shorten its life. My modem, router and APs have been running constantly for years. My opinion is keep them running and warm and they last longer. Others opinions may differ.

6. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
  7. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008