Did I properly mod this Pheonix R0200J3 for Sony?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Sabresite, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
  2. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    I accidently flashed it, and now the computer is bricked. Does anyone know the crisis sequence for Sony?

3. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #3 NoJuan999, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  4. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    #4 Sabresite, Nov 3, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    (OP)
    I plugged in a USB Floppy drive, and its not even cycling the drive. Every keyboard lock light is lit up (caps lock, num lock, scroll lock), and it sounds like it cycles the DVD drive and thats it.

Also the DVD happens to not work..

Also I am not sure what to do for the boot blocker since I don't think the laptop has a parallel port.

5. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    It looks like the laptop will read CDs/DVDs. Does anyone know if its possible to recover the bios using a CD?

6. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    #6 spkleader, Nov 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  7. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    The one thing I have not done was disconnect the DVD drive. I read that if the keyboard LED lights are solid and lit, then it is NOT in recovery mode, is this correct? I will test it with EVERYTHING unplugged when I get home.
    I assume I have to remove the wireless as well...? And what about the mouse/screen?

8. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    I disconnected the hard drive, the dvd drive, the speakers, the bluetooth, and the wireless card.

I turned it on, the fans start for 3 second, and then the fans stop and the keyboard leds light up.

If I press any of the key combinations, the fans start for less than a second then stop, and the same thing.

No matter what I do, a flash drive flashes on then off, and the external (dynex) floppy drive never even lights up.

I am out of ideas.

9. kocoman

kocoman MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2007
    Does it beep?

for me, the bootblock bios is 'non fallback-able/dumb/picky' sometimes you have to:

1)try a few more times,
    2)unplug and replug usb.
    3)uninsert and reinsert disk
    4)move floppy to different usb plug

Is your floppy the TEAC model??

10. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    i don't know what model it is internally. I got from Best Buy, its a Dynex.

Also it does not beep. The DVD drive does initialize (but its broken, so a CD version would not help). It could initialize and cycle cause its turned on... not cause its receiving anything from the motherboard.

I tried various combinations of everything, including keyboard combos, no combos, each USB port. If anyone has experience with motherboards and can identify the chip, I can take pictures of the motherboard if that helps?

11. kocoman

kocoman MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2007
    Plug the usb floppy into another computer, then check the VID and PID of it.

I think only TEAC (I forgot my model number, I have to look it up when I have some time), works well with BIOS "emergency" flashing. maybe some messages from wimbios forums would reflect that..

12. Sabresite

Sabresite MDL Member

Nov 7, 2007
    How do I check the VID and PID once it is connected? Also USB floppy drives are not sold in stores, so I would have to be 100% sure which one I need before I buy it. Otherwise I would be paying shipping to send it back.