Did M$ give up on piracy?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nuhkka, Jul 27, 2015.

1. nuhkka

nuhkka MDL Member

Aug 7, 2009
    From what I've read you can activate VL Win10 versions with the same KMS technique as Windows 8. I think even the Win 8 Toolkit works on Win 10. You'd think they would have found a way to stop KMS piracy like they did Loaders but I guess they gave up :g:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    Maybe they realized that being able to track the pirates was a lot better than having everyone on different versions of windows spreading bad rumors about their new version.
    I.E. they bribed us not to trash talk Win10.
    It's working, IMO :)

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Windows on a Billion Devices ... would know no other way to achieve this :cool2:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pyr3x

Pyr3x MDL Junior Member

Oct 4, 2012
    I have been avoiding bringing the subject up for fear they might catch it and be reminded that they forgot to slip it in, then one forced update later and we are all on KMS 7....

5. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    I think they knew from the point that they changed the activation to the new hwid system that they had this in mind.
    This is very intentional IMO.

6. gooface

gooface MDL Junior Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Yeah I am wondering how long KMS activated systems will work... I wonder if this will all change on the 29th...

7. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    check back in two days;)

8. murphy78

Nov 18, 2012
    Calling it now: Activation Amnesty

9. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    .... 'Piracy Grace Period' :cool2:.

10. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    We are not "pirates"!! We do all the marketing to spread the good word about Windoze 10 and We are the first ones to point out the flaws and shortcomings of this new OS! M$ is actually grateful for all this "testing" in the wild... :D

11. anoopspeaks

anoopspeaks MDL Junior Member

Mar 15, 2012
    Microsoft now want to penetrate to more and more peoples and they are betting more on the cloud business.If every thing happens as they planed may be next year Windows 10 Community edition.

12. jupier2k

jupier2k MDL Member

Jan 20, 2009
    more like now MS just find out how much $$$ they have really lost !!
    on Jul29 pirated upgrade will get a real surprise ha ha!!

13. anoopspeaks

anoopspeaks MDL Junior Member

Mar 15, 2012
    More likely make os free and make money from cloud service

14. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    As a Windows Insider, I think Microsoft has granted me the right to do anything with Windows 10 as I like. The freedom is like the open source.

15. phrunt

phrunt MDL Addicted

May 1, 2007
    well they were giving it to the Chinese pirates for free were they not? Then why not give it to all the pirates for free. They're going to end up with a free copy anyway. If they get them all hooked up on Windows 10 they can reclaim their market dominance with figures that show a massive uptake on Windows 10, something they've struggled with on other more recent operating systems.

16. Blackmajik

Blackmajik MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2012
    Microsoft lost billions in Q4 and seems to be loosing grip on the OS market. I remember years ago when Microsoft was king and now other tech companies have rivaled and surpassed them. Maybe Microsoft is letting it slide in hopes to gain back some market share in the OS division since people who don't want to pay for it, won't and activations have always been defeated. If more people stay or join the world of Windows, they may have a chance to survive. Sounds quirky but I've heard that piracy of Windows back in the early versions is what lead to the dominance of the OS.

17. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez MDL Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Piracy is good for most things, Applications and OS included.

It gets people using your product and if they end up liking it, they'll probably buy it just for convenience of updates and support. I know that's what I do with pretty much everything. Demos may not exist these days, but I make my own demo.

18. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    They never lost their market dominance.

19. gacelasa

gacelasa MDL Novice

Nov 9, 2008
    #19 gacelasa, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    They were born stealing or better said, deceiving those who conceived MSDOS. Are large by which dominate throughout, there is always people who purchase their licenses. And all when you buy a new PC without knowing we paid a fee to microsoft.. The companies by fear buy licenses, not least those that should, but they buy. If they prevent piracy people moves to other alternatives, which are now stronger than before. It is no longer only linux, Android is also, as well as replicas of android. If they charge and prevent the free use, people little by little will begin to move, or have already done so, to open systems. It is not best left hack and continue to operate the park desktop systems?

20. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    He is possibly talking about the mobile sector. The market share has remained stagnant for sometime and the over $7 billion pay-off for Nokia is responsible for that quarter lost.