Difference between custom install and single apps install?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by raksen, Feb 7, 2011.

1. raksen

raksen MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2011
    Hello,

I would like to know whether there is any difference between installing Word, Excel and Powerpoint 2010 from custom Office 2010 Pro Plus installer, and installing them from the single applications installers.

In terms of usability I guess there are no differences, but regarding updates or size needed, I don't know right now.

Cheers!

2. CRA2YHAVOK

CRA2YHAVOK MDL Senior Member

Oct 23, 2009
    #2 CRA2YHAVOK, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
    Doubt there would be any difference update wise but I think having them all in one package is best as its much more convenient.

Size wise each individual Office 2010 application package is approx. 260MB to download, the whole Pro Plus package is approx. 650MB and contains a lot more than the 3 applications you mentioned ;)

Unless you only need one application I'd just download either Office 2010 Standard (approx. 450-550MB) or Pro Plus (approx. 650MB).

At least that way you have all applications under one roof so-to-speak :)

3. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I think it doesn't matter for install size, but you may have to activate individual packages separately whereas you can activate a suite like pro plus all in once. (not sure though)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. raksen

raksen MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2011
    Thanks.
    I remember that using office 2003 without outlook installed, Microsoft Update was installing Outlook patches on my system automatically, i dont know why :confused:

5. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Had the same thing with office 2007, never understood why...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. cmdrbond

cmdrbond MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2011
    Yes, it does the same thing in Office 2007, but no problems to the Applications.