Difficulty Activating Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Robert Sokol, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Robert Sokol

Robert Sokol MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2019
    I came to this site looking for some assistance. I’ve searched and got some good ideas, but no real solution to my problem. I’m trying to rearm or EZ activate my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (Service Pack 1).

I tried the KMS, but it said it cannot activate this version of Windows. I then tried Rearm Wizard. Again, after trying it, my systems still says: “3 days until automatic activation. Activate Windows now.” Not quite sure what that automatic activation means, but it doesn’t sound good.

I even tried about a dozen keys listed here without success.

Any thoughts on how to get my OS back to a long life?

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Ultimate cannot be activated by KMS, use
    Windows Loader - Download

There won't be any activating key on MDL available.

If you are on UEFI/GPT, read this:
    [GUIDE] Activate Windows 7 on PCs with UEFI

3. Robert Sokol

Robert Sokol MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2019
    I tried the Windows Loader. Installed and it said "The Loader, certificate and serial were sucessfully installed. Restart your computer." I restarted, but the activation on my computer still says 3 days left. I'll try the UEFI/GPT next.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Then there is something like repairing the mbr, causing this.

Can you show a screenshot of the loader running?

Can you run the QT from here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/multi-oem-retail-project-mrp-mk3.71555/#post-1283849
    And post the content of the saved log (on desktop) here, in code tags?

5. Robert Sokol

Robert Sokol MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2019
    Enthousiast, you have been extremely helpful. I booted from the original disk and tried the various botrec /fixmbr and other commands. No difference. The UEFI guide is beyond my ability. Sorry, but we all know our own limitations and that is beyond mine. Are there any other cracks or loaders that might work that we have overlooked?

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #6 Enthousiast, Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Why don't you try the QT and let us see if we can help.

There are no other supported win 7 activations then already shown in @Tito's thread, besides DAZ WL.

You can switch to Enterprise and KMS_VL_ALL should work.

7. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Rearm Wizard does not activate, but keep Windows 7 in perpetual trial mode (auto-resets will take place).

The automatic activation is controlled by the following Registry key:

Save as .reg file, then import. Might need a reboot to show the full 30 days left.

Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Activation]
    "Manual"=dword:00000001

Reverse:
    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Activation]
    "Manual"=dword:00000000

8. Robert Sokol

Robert Sokol MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2019

It worked!! It gave me 30 more days. Many Thanks!!

9. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    You had the 30 days all along. That value only controls if Windows attempts to automatically activate. Less nagging is always good.
    Rearm Wizard would let you reset the 30 days, indefinitely. Note that Windows 7 was the last OS that even had a 30 day grace, Windows 8 and up start in notification mode and must be activated right away. While in the 30 days grace, Windows 7 is fully Genuine.

10. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    Uninstal all loader crack etc
    Download MBR Regenerator
    Launch And Fix MBR And Activation System

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Robert Sokol

Robert Sokol MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2019
    Since I started this thread, it is only fair that I end this thread with the solution. It was suggested that I download MBR Regenerator. I did this and it fixed a few things. I then ran Windows Repair and it fixed a few things. I then ran WAT and POOF, everything is now good. Thanks goes out to both Enthousiast and Carlos Detweiller for their assistance. I gave a like to both of you. Good job!

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    What is WAT?

13. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Baby don't hurt me!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I know the definition but what is used called WAT;)

I know crappy removewat and watfix.

15. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    In case of RemoveWAT, he's in some deep sh*t, now.

16. Robert Sokol

Robert Sokol MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2019
    I've used WAT Remover for many years for Windows 7. WAT = Windows Activation Technology. It makes Windows Genuine and removes the YOU ARE USING AN ILLEGAL COPY on the desktop. Is there a problem with this program? I always McAfee, Malware and Hitman my system after using software like this and do not come up with any problems.

17. 3zero3

3zero3 MDL Senior Member

Apr 26, 2012
    If You want to shoot in Your own foot, then yes, there is a problem.

18. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #18 Enthousiast, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    WAT remover probably removes the Windows Activation Technology (by corrupting files), it probably is actually called REMOVEWAT.

That doesn't activate windows, it corrupts system files so windows THINKS and SHOWS it's activated, but actually isn't.

Iirc, in the past it was a MDL hosted hactivator, but one of the first administrative actions @Daz took, was deleting it from MDL.

19. Carlos Detweiller

Dec 21, 2012
    RemoveWAT cheats you (the user) into thinking Windows is correctly activated and there's no problem. It does this by modifying system components to always show Windows as being activated, and to suppress the visible non-Genuine signs. It's like camouflage, but the problem still exists. Windows is non-activated and non-Genuine. Installing optional software will fail the Genuine check, and the system is vulnerable against KB971033.

20. erpsterm35

erpsterm35 MDL Expert

May 27, 2013
    but I wonder what would happen if that particular user who used RemoveWAT would run sfc /scannow afterwards? hmm...