disable unblock came from another computer turn off windows 8 HELP

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by syfer, Feb 9, 2015.

1. syfer

syfer MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    Hi i want to disable unblock came from another computer want to turn off in windows 8. I know their was registry fix but i lost it. I have a lot of files that i have to right click and unlock and i know their way to turn this off. can some help me?

2. SlimRock

SlimRock MDL Senior Member

Dec 25, 2011
    #2 SlimRock, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    To disable blocking when files are downloaded or copied from another source adding these two registry entries prevent the error message "Open File Security Warning" that says "Do you want to run this file?" in Windows 7+. As when disabling most security warnings, you should think it through before you do it.:
    Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments]"SaveZoneInformation"=dword:00000001
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations]
    "LowRiskFileTypes"=".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"
    Change SaveZoneInformation to 1.

NOTE:

• 0 = Not Configured
    • 1 = Enabled
    • 2 = Disabled
    You can also Try Group Policy Editor

• gpedit.msc
    • User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
    • Enable: Do not preserve zone information in file attachments

3. syfer

syfer MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    #3 syfer, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    (OP)
    ok thanks you.