Disabled Windows 10 Search?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Homesick, Jun 21, 2019.

1. Homesick

Homesick MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2019
    I dont know what i did wheni created my ISO, but it seems like i disabled the possibility to search in Windows. I mean when i hit the Windows button i can not search for anything at all. Also when i do a right klick on the Windows button and then want to see "search", nothing happens.

Is there a way to reactivate that without doing a new iso? Because i already isntalled 5 PCs and i think a fix would be less time consuming.

Sry for my english and thanks for the help

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Everything refer to that you have lost a part of the registry or it is blocked by some local policy rule, what You have made.
    So, think about what changes you made or what You blocked.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Homesick

Homesick MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2019
    Thanks for the answer. I am googling since a half hour for how to bring this back but i am not able to restore that :/

4. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Say one more thing - does all the menus popup windows opens and everything is visible there, but only search function don't work (do nothing) or also the window won't open?
    If it is so, that windows opens, You can write there but it will not start to search, may be two reasons:
    Windows search servis don't start, it may be disabled or set to disabled or the second, You have disabled indexing.
    If even windows won't open, is the problem in registry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Homesick

Homesick MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2019
    Windows opens, only search dosnt work. Windows Search Services are active :/

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
  7. zbigniew59

zbigniew59 MDL Senior Member

May 14, 2016
    If you remove the cortana, there will be no search.
    Do you want to search - disable cortana - do not remove.