[DISCUSSION] UUP dump - download Windows 10/11 UUPs with ease

Discussion in 'MDL Projects and Applications' started by whatever127, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  2. What does Run cleanup after updates integration does?

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    It runs:
    Code:
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
    It compresses superseded components after updating the wim file.

4. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Don't you read the Readme.html file that comes with the conversion script?

Breaks stuff, that's what it does most of the times. Search. Settings. StarMenu. Store. DCOM. Reset my PC. Upcoming cumulative updates.
    From 1507 to 20H2, it always had quirks.
    Unless you fancy doing repair installs each month.. don't use it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. So what is the config for creating "the best" ISO?

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Personally i use cleanup and resetbase (ini file setting) and never had any of the problems, described by @BAU but on 1809 resetbase will break the "ResetPC" function and it's best to only use cleanup.

7. BELNN

BELNN MDL Member

Apr 2, 2016
    Hi. Can you tell me why links to Microsoft Edge don't work?

8. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    Removed from MS servers mostly
    the last one for v2004 works

9. archangeliques

archangeliques MDL Member

May 2, 2017
    #3429 archangeliques, Sep 30, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    Hi, a few days ago I started the script with a pretty standard config like below with all additional editions were selected. It was a slow and a bit of old laptop, Celeron, 4Gig Ram, HDD with Win10. It took more than 4 hours. I checked the Task Manager and Defender was racing with CMD against CPU usage. So I decided to turn off all features of Defender to give it a bit of boost and script completed. But, there were pages of Access Denied to files under WindowsUUP or something like that. Script reported it finished with DISM errors but it created the ISO. Then I created boot USB disk and started installing Windows 10. Once I reached to edition selection there were only 3 of them. Home, Home N and Home Single Language. I thought base ISO is Pro, not Home. Any idea?

When activating with KMS_VL_ALL it reported 45 days not 180 days. It doesn't matter since it'll reset the timer everyday but this made me think that there is something wrong with the created ISO.

Config options:
    • Latest Public Release build X64
    • Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004 (19041.508)
    • English (United States)
    • Download, add additional editions and convert to ISO

For the second time I started the script on a different laptop, this time 1st gen i5, 8Gigs Ram and HDD. This laptop has the Windows Home I created with the script above. CPU usage was fine but disk usage was always 100% and this took more than 4 hours too. I had no time to check if script finished without any errors that time due to the time it took. I remote connected to those laptops with TeamViewer and did all the things.

I have 3 questions. Does this process take 4 hours or so? Should Defender turned off during the process? What could went wrong with the first script so it created an ISO with only Home editions?

Thanks!

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  11. archangeliques

May 2, 2017
    Because other editions were missing.
    Here is my config with screenshots. I didn't deselect anything, all 4 were selected that's why I said pretty standard and it resulted only Home ISO for some reason.
    uup1.png uup1.png

Attached Files:

• uup2.png
      uup2.png
      File size:
      352.8 KB
      Views:
  12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Can you please show the progress info of the conversion plus updates integration plus content of the convertconfig.ini file?

13. archangeliques

May 2, 2017
    I'll do that when I remote connect those laptops again. Please tell me which files you need. ini file is ok. Where is progress info and update integration data saved?

Thanks!

Ps: Could selecting only Pro from editions cut some time? Can we shorten the time it take?

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yep, that would cut the time significantly.

Btw, the system you were installing windows on, did it came with 8.x/10 core/home pre-installed?

If yes, put this ei.cfg file in the "ISO:\sources" folder (extract from rar):

Attached Files:

• ei.rar
      File size:
      98 bytes
      Views:
  15. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  17. archangeliques

May 2, 2017
    I see. I'll get the info you asked as soon as other part gets online. Btw, convertconfig.ini is ok but please tell me where can I look at for the other info, progress info and update integration. I assume they are logged in some file(s).

Thanks!

18. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Why jump so easy to getting offended?
    The remark about reading comments was strictly about the wizard on uupdump.ml
    Since the generated script gives a reproducible result for everybody, the logical explanation for why it would not do so is that you've misclicked something and end up with a configuration lacking the Pro esd, or maybe running a previously downloaded script with different configuration than the last generated one. Home alone is ~3.25GB, both is ~4.83GB in uup files to download.
    Unless you provide the script package actually used / original link from uupdump.ml that is malfunctioning, we have nothing to work with.
    Who knows, maybe Defender did something to break only the pro indexes, or there were incomplete downloads, or you run out of free space - in any case it's something specific to your machine that wasted your time, and after getting any errors in the script should start again from scratch. And you did blame the script then and now.

19. archangeliques

May 2, 2017
    Here's the ini file:
    Code:
    [convert-UUP]
    AutoStart    =1
    AddUpdates   =1
    Cleanup      =0
    ResetBase    =0
    NetFx3       =0
    StartVirtual =1
    wim2esd      =0
    SkipISO      =0
    SkipWinRE    =0
    ForceDism    =0
    RefESD       =0

[create_virtual_editions]
    vAutoStart   =1
    vDeleteSource=0
    vPreserve    =0
    vwim2esd     =0
    vSkipISO     =0
    vAutoEditions=CoreSingleLanguage,ProfessionalWorkstation,ProfessionalEducation,Education,Enterprise,ServerRdsh,IoTEnterprise,ProfessionalWorkstationN,ProfessionalEducationN,EducationN,EnterpriseN

I'm still waiting for how will I get the info you asked. "the progress info of the conversion plus updates integration", in which file they are?