[discussion] Why bios update become to creepy moment?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shay_g, Jun 27, 2008.

1. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    #1 shay_g, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2008
    when i was update other mobo's i feel ok BUT only when i was update MY MOBO i feel not OK

i know that i have warranty but it's still creepy moment for me

p.s. i sure that someone here stop his breath when his computer made a restart after flash

EDIT: i have also AWARD bios so if i have bad flash is a "one way ticket"
    for AMI bios it's different

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. petar

petar MDL Expert

Apr 5, 2008
    My breath stops even when I flash some computer (any computer, not just mine) with its original, unmodded bios...:eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bennyboy

bennyboy MDL Member

May 9, 2007
    With my Intel BIOS, the updater freezes for a few minutes every time. It's the scariest few minutes ever!

4. nasa

nasa MDL Member

Dec 2, 2007
    A second after I answer yes to "Are you sure?" I regret it and ask myself why the h*ll did I do that?! Only to start breathing again after the single beep sounds.

5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #5 Yen, Jun 29, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
    He, he...

It was March 2007, I did my first mod. It took almost 4 hours to realise it (old complex method).

I took a deep breath and started the flash process. My pulse was rising......

A single beep after reboot.......a deep breath again......done:D

I'm always excited when I'm flashing a bios. Original or modified. My board or the board of a friend. It doesn't matter.

And I always feel sad and sorry if one of my mod had killed a board.:( And I can't explain why it was killed.........

6. FixedBit

FixedBit MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2008
    LOL I actually DID screw up my bios trying to mod it (before I got advice from Yen) and thats what made me have to buy a chip reprogrammer.

Good news is, since I bought the reprogrammer and all the adapters, I dont care how bad of a flash I do, all my computers have removable chips! :p

But yeah, for my first one ever, I was scared... but ive been flashing bios' unmodded for years, actually until I found this site it had never hit me you COULD mod a bios, but I also did not know about SLP either.

The only one I am actually afraid to modify is my other laptop which I let members of my family use. I have no idea if I can recover that one if I mess it up.