[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Enterprise (N) LTSB 2016

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tito, Jul 21, 2016.

1. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I don't know about that. I think that people generally tend to follow the person in front right, or wrong. I have a friend who tried iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone, and he said that Windows Phone beat the competition hands down.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. jonaaa

jonaaa MDL Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Exactly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Personally I wouldn't own an iPhone for GPs, and I have an Android Phone. Android sucks in my opinion. It sucks real bad.

4. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
  5. jonaaa

jonaaa MDL Member

Jul 20, 2015
  6. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I heard they were great. That's what I said.
    Of course! I do love my apps! They are very beautiful, and the ones I use work well.

7. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Ya but you can always just stay on 2016 also,

why would we be looking for updates? LTSB.

All my appz are worken :p been years to pick my own; such that I don't need MS's picks.

Regards

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #468 Yen, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 24, 2018
    Who says that? Microsoft?:roll1:

Wow..there was just a question about MTP and now there is a debate on principles. LOL

Yeah I know. 'people' rather take free stuff full of bloat and spyware..
    My private interests at an OS are similar to corporate use, though.

9. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Yes, they are the ones selling it. If you don't believe me try to buy a legit key.

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I know that.
    You haven't got my way of irony/ humor at my post. (Besides of scientific work I also administrate corporate clients)...

M$ had to offer versions like EnterpriseS for corporate clients because no company would use w10 as it comes 'for free'.

While M$ makes most of money by corporate licensing they make money out of the users who are using their 'free' version themselves.
    They do not want that 'people' could buy LTSB at all. And that's why that they say it's not made for them..

People know it better. When their interest (privacy, less bloat) is conform to corporate interests then any reasonable person goes for LTSB.

Many people go for LTSB because it is the most reasonable version.

11. PsychedelicShaman

PsychedelicShaman MDL Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Yeah, i agree. Microsoft wants everyone to jump on Software as a Service (SaaS) train, that's why LTSB isn't available for normal customers to buy, MS even wants corporations to stop using Enterprise LTSB and start using normal Enterprise with bloatware & cloud stuff; they always use the same argument: "hurr durr, LTSB is designed only for mission critical devices such as ATMs & hospital equipment", lol.
    Same goes with Office suite, Microsoft wants everyone to switch to Office 365 service and pay monthly subscription, Office 2019 will be only available as VL, normal customers won't be able to buy it AFAIK.
    Besides, who cares what Microsoft states officially? They are not God, it's just big corporation that wants to earn as much money as possible, nothing else, if i listened to Microsoft like their orthodox religious fanboys then i would be using Windows 10 Home edition with all bloatware and telemetry enabled, lmao.

12. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    I dont need and wont be using w10 until the next version of ltsb comes out.

13. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    If software was treated the same as a physical product then ms wouldnt sell anything because as it stands their software is buggy, needs constant updates to fix bugs, breaks a lot and would be classed as not fit for purpose.

14. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    I don't think it is the most reasonable version. Most people want OSes with everything installed, and ready to go. They want to use it out of the box. Home, and Pro editions accomplish this. Also, LTSB does not have a modern browser on it, only the unsupported IE 11.

15. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    All software needs constant updates to fix bugs. No software is complete, and a company which did NOT release constant updates would be very irresponsible. Also, Windows does not break a lot. The only time MY Windows has broken, is when I push it to break by trying to make it do something which perhaps it wasn't supposed to do. But, if I do not fück with it, it stays running.

16. quywz

quywz MDL Member

Jun 30, 2017
  17. Michele-94

Michele-94 MDL Novice

May 20, 2018
    Hello guys, I love Windows 10 LTSB and I use it on my laptop but I want to try the new version of Windows 10 (April Update), so do you know a version of Windows 10 Home / Pro without Store, Cortana, Edge ect...? Obviously no Windows 10 LTSB :p

18. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    LOL, No.

19. jonaaa

jonaaa MDL Member

Jul 20, 2015
    Yes, the version that you modify using MSMG Toolkit.

20. goodflood

goodflood MDL Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Cumulative Updates (CU) are usually huge (in GB)... I like to download them using WHDownloader and keep them.. in case I need re-install Windows 10 LTSB on multiple machines.

My questions is, I don't need to have the old CU... just the latest one... as of now, May 2018 KB 4103720 and the servicing stack update (SSU) KB4132216... so the old ones from April and before I can delete, correct? I don't mind using windows update for smaller update files for individual computers.