[DISCUSSION] Windows 10 Final Build 19041>>>19045 (PC) [20H1>>>22H2 vb_release]

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Enthousiast, Dec 10, 2019.

1. banesi

banesi MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    Seeing people using AV software here bring me back to 90's
    Awesome job installing those viruses guys!

2. oliverjia

oliverjia MDL Addicted

Mar 1, 2008
    I thought so a couple years ago until Kaspersky caught a malicious behavior of URL hijacking from a website. Tested in a Virtual machine for the same website and Windows Defender did not do anything.
    So moral of story is, whether you need a 3rd party AV software or not, it's all depending your way of using the computer/Internet. It's all about individuality and fit for purpose applications.

3. Tamacun

Tamacun MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2015
    Were you able to make your computer work with PasswordLess?
    I haven't.
    Edition Windows 10 Enterprise
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎4/‎9/‎2021
    OS build 19042.928
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

4. Stripakulina

Stripakulina MDL Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. All my Windows 10 ISOs updated to April CU :D
    aprcu.png

6. maargueb

maargueb MDL Member

Jun 9, 2019
    Link please

7. I can't post the link, I homebrewed the ISOs myself and this forum doesn't allow them.

8. EaglePC

EaglePC MDL Expert

Feb 13, 2012
    Windows 10 21H1: A small but significant update, with bigger changes to come in 21H2

9. EaglePC

EaglePC MDL Expert

Feb 13, 2012
    21H2 should be in beta by now and 20H1 should be RC , it just don't work that way anymore...

10. But Brother VirusTotal use API's of most known AV signatures known as deffinition updates & it mostly provide false positives as many av does. so i think is not so good to scan portable executables with virustotal & we must stick with a known good av for security pupose.
    i also disable defender permanently as it is used by M$ for there telemetry the worst av ever found in terms of capturing logs of a user via executing many hidden pwsh scripts in background without the consent of a user.

11. I know that's how virustotal works. I have no problem with false positives. Actually my problem is, all antiviruses have at least some performance impact. Because I do a lot of virtualization and video editing, performance is critical for me. Some third party AVs can also cause stability issues. For example, I saw on a laptop, that an AV was causing constant 100% CPU usage, causing terrible performance and causing IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSODs. Worst of all, it was a paid AV! (costing ~$100 for 1 year) After uninstalling the AV, the performance was good, the CPU usage was normal, and all BSODs were gone.

12. Brother Why dont you use a cli based AV not an AV installer but just to scan the OS whenever user needs to . it will be more good then using virustotal api for signature scanning of executables with known good signatures already in database of most av's as definition updates.

13. Os yes, I use on-demand scanners, but not realtime AVs. :)

14. But please never ever use online based scanners like eset or many others etc etc . There are many other cli scanners not GUI i again mention CLI scanners not GUI which are very reliable & best for OS security scanning with options for quarantine pups etc etc in a separate config file .

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Isn't there a better place to discuss AV's on the forum?

16. Umm... Yes. Sorry :eek:

17. Alexandrus

Alexandrus MDL Novice

Nov 19, 2012
    The first "such snippet" did not actually uninstall Chromium Edge on my system, but Edge Canary, left the Chromium Edge Stable intact. So .... yeah.

18. EaglePC

EaglePC MDL Expert

Feb 13, 2012
    look out for the Russia cyber attacks!