[Discussion] Windows 10 Updates

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ege914, Jan 19, 2018.

1. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Hi i need some opinions about a problem.
    Windows 10 has a bug that makes games or heavy animation softwares shutter every 5-10 secconds.

For example the game called playersunknown battlegrounds "pubg" is freezing(shuttering) every 5-10 secconds if you don't update the windows 10.
    The forums of that game is full of bug reports about game freezes even steam community forums are full of bug reports about that problem. but nobody knows that game is well adapted and problem is windows 10 itself.

I suggested few hundred people to update their windows 10 and when they did. their freezing problem is solved. people with 1080ti was having this problem so i am sure that it is windows related issue. their problems are only solved via windows update..

So i know the problem and the solution. the thing i want to know is. what is windows updating that solves these freeze problems in games such as pubg or gtaV.. (big mapped games i guess?)
    If i can find what windows is changing. i can apply it without updating windows for a quick solution rather than downloading and updating updates for all my computer.
    what and how do you think i can find what windows is updating with its update? so i can extract it.

edit info: my gpu and everyother driver is updated and ther eis no throtling or wrong driver. windows does not even download or install anydriver. everything is fine with computer. windows only downloads and installs its cumulative or delta updates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. s1ave77

s1ave77 MDL Guide Dog/Dev

Aug 15, 2012
    Windows 10 is quite a diffuse term nowadays, which version is it we talk about? I have absolutely no problems with 14393 (1607) and refused to upgrade to later versions so far due to the nasty Game Mode witch introduced a lot of trouble in 1703. Afaik most of those were solved in 1709.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    I don't like 1703 or 1709. 1607 is the simplest and best but it has a problem i found as i mentioned.

I forgot to mention that its windows 10 enterpriseS LTSB 1607..

if you test it via vanilla iso with no updates. you will experience gpu lag in games every 5 sec.
    after update it is solved.

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Addicted

Mar 15, 2014
    What is your CPU? The latest update was made to slow down CPUs on purpose, especially Intel and old AMD CPUs. Regardless of that, 10 is slow by default anyway, even after a clean install.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Nobody made updates to slowdown the CPU on purpose ;) It's a side effect because windows now has to do some extra stuff to fight meltdown/spectre.

It's not like with the iPhone which got slowed down to not blowup the battery :D

6. ege914

ege914 MDL Member

Jun 29, 2015
    ı was having this problem when windows 10 first released and its gone after 2-3 updates later. this issue is not new.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Windows 10.1??