[DISCUSSION] Windows 11 Official Build 22000.xxx (PC) [co_release]

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Jaffar

Jaffar MDL Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Speaking of RTM
    How can we call this build RTM while it lacks two major features ( direct storage and the android apps emulator ) ? Can they add those major features by just using a CU ? Especially direct storage which may need some changes in the kernel.

2. murphy78

murphy78 MDL DISM Enthusiast

Nov 18, 2012
    MS regularly recompiles and ships new builds to OEMs. The difference is that any one of those builds is RTM and feature complete. This build is not.

Edit: for example, for my main OS I use LTSB 2019 with a cu installed. The OEM file is SW_DVD5_WIN_ENT_LTSC_2019_64-bit_English_MLF_X21-96425.ISO
    The previous LTSB 2019 didn't have any major flaw and functioned just fine. They are both RTM and finished. The example of the Win8.1 with Update that actually had a significant flaw is the only one I'm aware of where there was a significant need to include the CU. I've never argued that they can't include a CU. But there's also a huge difference between a minor CU and half the ISO being full of CU files.

3. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Yeah, i would like to be able to centre the start "button?" in the middle rather than just all the icons left or middle. Something triggers me having the menu/start button slightly off centre due to icons pushing it further left. It would just be way more clean right in the middle with programs ether side IMO.

Like if its on "centre" option not "left", and you have say 20 icons pushing the Windows/Start icon close to left side. The start menu still pops up dead in the middle. This means you have to move the mouse across the screen to the right to select stuff from the start menu, if the button was dead in the middle you would just have to move the mouse upwards meaning less movement/time. Would feel way more nice and clean.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. farmers

farmers MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2011
    My biggest problem with the current Windows 11, and I HAVE reported it through the Feedback hub, as have several others. But there's no evidence that they intend to fix it, as they don't even list it as a known issue when they do release updates..

5. MarvelX7

MarvelX7 MDL Member

Jun 1, 2021
    Insider Preview 10.0.22000.111

6. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Expert

Sep 10, 2012
    No update here yet.

7. mrbbq

mrbbq MDL Addicted

Jul 18, 2015
    And then thinking things further for a second, programs would then need to open to the left or right alternating to keep it centered, or you're going to quickly run out of room for icons to (eg) the right side. Particularly if non-group ever reappears. How do you manage that? One day because your browser isn't running, Photoshop might open on the left. Or if you have something else running, on the right, or if you have yet another thing running, on the left...
    I can see why they didn't do this. ;)

8. MrAnalysis

MrAnalysis MDL Senior Member

Aug 4, 2012
    #2608 MrAnalysis, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    Why are people even calling this RTM?

Current build is the following!
    Windows 11 21H2 10.0.22000.100
    21H2 = 2021 SECOND HALF
    Major = 10
    Minor = 0
    Build = 22000
    Rev = 100

Should the Major part of the number not change from 10 to 11?

RTM is not what it used to be anyway. We have better deployment these days, as long as after the updates are installed the result is the same as the latest install media its all good. The huge missing parts are basically "feature updates", and the bug fixes just minor ones. So if this build does update all the way to be the same as the final build people pull down on release it's all good right?

Meh, its just a "word", "phrase" anyway the final result is what matters not what they call it or how they release it. Personally I won't be running it as a main OS till a few weeks minimum after its released to the public. Bound to be something clunky, i can do without the new "features" for a few weeks on my main system while others test it for serious flaws and while i wait for driver updates to get polished.

I would just have productivity stuff one side, other things the other. Simple pull outs you hover over would solve that issue along with active apps/programs displaying closer to the middle. Could also just have it fly out displaying whats open along left/right sides. That said i use Windows shortcuts to flip between apps and see whats open rather than clicking them on the taskbar. (Win+Tab. Alt+Tab) You also have the "taskview" "multidesktop" thing you can use. Would be nice to have different taskbars for different desktops. So you could have a production taskbar/desktop and a media one and flip between the two using key combinations. (Basically like several work spaces on the same machine) This would be super clean as you could setup the entire environment for what you are doing. It would be like having multiple user accounts all setup bespoke how you want and accessible with a single key combo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    Windows 10 started out as 6.4.9841

10. Gharlane00

Gharlane00 MDL Addicted

Aug 26, 2009
    Why are people even calling this RTM?

Apparently they think RTM means Remember the Milk, not Released to Manufacturing

11. TECHNOMAN

TECHNOMAN MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2009
    RTM = Release To Microsoft
    After insiders fix their builds for them

12. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
  13. d5aqoëp

d5aqoëp MDL Addicted

Jan 19, 2017
    When it comes to Microsoft, magic can happen anytime. With enough pressure from senior management, juniors will work off their arse to make Windows 11 compatible with Intel Pentium 1 with just an enablement package. :D

MS still got 3 months to go for end of October 2021 target because they would want as much as new Laptops & PCs on it for Christmas shopping.

14. Boops

Boops MDL Addicted

Jan 5, 2008
    I'm afraid it will be one month (End of July + August) and not three. The month before (September) to the month of launch (October) should be finished (although it may not be complete), since even after installation, windows update installs a package that corrects the bugs found in that last month.

15. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep I agree :evil2:

16. EaglePC

EaglePC MDL Expert

Feb 13, 2012
    crap me going back to 10 i swear 11 is 10 with just a new gui very confusing and find it very difficult for a new window user to use lets see how 11 pans out in future i say it is like 10 covered with vista

17. Digitalfox

Digitalfox MDL Member

Jan 17, 2008
    No disrespect EaglePC, but come on, it’s mostly the same ui, few touches here and there, new icons, bigger font, more translucent, but nothing out of this world or the last 20 years of Windows.

But sure, there will always be 22h2, 23h2

18. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hmm ... for me I'm tired of talking about this too and it's still true something reminds you very much windows vista what we know was not a good operating system or I'll be wrong :rolleyes:

19. Boops

Boops MDL Addicted

Jan 5, 2008
    It's just what I think. This interface doesn't quite convince me. But looking back, to all Windows, all UI changes have their rejections and acceptances.

Will we get used to it?