[DISCUSSION] Windows 11 Official Build 22000.xxx (PC) [co_release]

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by Enthousiast, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Mendax47

Mendax47 MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2017
  2. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
    Are we going to see a change in update delivery? or are we still getting full download?

3. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
    That thread is irrelevant, aabs can be installed outside of the playstore.I install them all the time from apkmirror. All the info and signing keys are in the pack

4. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
  5. Digitalfox

Digitalfox MDL Member

Jan 17, 2008
    I really hope they speed up the release of fixes on dev this month, there are a few stupid bugs that really need addressing.

For example the clock on my taskbar keeps disappearing and all the buttons next to it.

And there is some strange behavior on the system, where after a few hours it starts to slow down, maybe some cpu loop or memory leak on a service or process.

Having said that, I maintain my opinion, the base is stable and no crashes.

6. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
    Blocked credential stealing from the Windows local security authority subsystem (lsass.exe) . The culprit is msiexec.exe

7. Terepin

Terepin MDL Senior Member

Sep 19, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2011
    #1193 MELERIX, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    lot of features missing in Windows 11...

- the Weather Widget and News and Interests were lost in the Task Bar.
    - Almost all options were lost when right clicking on the Taskbar, the Task Manager can no longer be opened from there.
    - there are no longer interactive tiles in the Start Menu.
    - Applications can no longer be pinned to the Start Menu (EDIT: you can put only a few and you have to delete others to make space), nor can you make application folders.
    - it is no longer possible to do a Quick Look at the Desktop when hovering the mouse over the lower right corner of the Task Bar.
    - There is no longer the Snipping function in the Quick Actions Menu that previously existed within the Action Center (where notifications appeared).
    - missing option to quickly configure default apps for; Mail, Maps, Music Player, Photo Viewer, Video Player, Browser.
    - You can no longer drag and drop files onto applications that are open on the taskbar.
    - the Taskbar does not accept applications within it, such as the NetSpeedMonitor application, there is no way to make it work.
    - the Taskbar can no longer be accommodated on top or to the sides.
    - You can no longer put applications for short and quick information on the Home Screen or Lock Screen, such as: Weather, Calendar, Mail, Skype, etc.
    - Start Menu size can't be changed.

9. panchop

panchop MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Weather and all of this are on Widget (Windows Key + W)

10. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2011
    yes, but is not in Task Bar neither in Star Menu.

11. dzem

dzem MDL Senior Member

Oct 15, 2015
    'Use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop' optionsdo not work. I mean nothing happens if i untick that options.
    Other thing that doesnt work is custom color.
    Any thoughts on this or remedy?

12. d1glow

d1glow MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    I swear Realtek Driver wrecks havoc on this build lol also makes my taskbar spazz out, i get sound stutters opening the web browser when listening to music persay.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    Does anybody notice that file transfer is slow in this build?

14. farmers

farmers MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2011
    The missing one-click Default Apps configuration is a big pain. Can only hope it's only temporary, as without it the configuration becomes a minefield. You can't let a photo app, for example, do it for you as in my experience Windows always complains half a dozen or so times as it resets each one back to system default.

15. farmers

farmers MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Which doesn't work on my machine (tried the upgrade twice, same result both times). Each time the Widgets button is pressed, the button blinks and an event is logged in event viewer saying widgets.exe crashed.