[DISCUSSION] Windows 11 SE 22h2 / 23h2

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by pm67310, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
    #101 Maximalprime, Aug 13, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    when that's tried using create_virtual_editions.cmd directly. I got this below.

I think I figure it out, I mistakenly download a Windows 10 Release build thinking it was Windows 11 build that maybe explains it I just noticed, that it reads windows 10, that's why its not working for me, sorry about that. sorry about that I edited these posts to remove them, again I made a mistake at the UUP Dump website, thinking the release links were for windows 11, I guess I didn't notice at the time I had download the wrong thing.

going to try and use the 22000.856_amd64_en-us_professional_d82f8ecf_convert_virtual build to create an cloud edition next as that one from UUP dump should be a windows 11 build so it should work.

2. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
  3. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
  4. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
  5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    @Maximalprime, next time you want to insert a text output, use the Insert... button in the text edit toolbar and pick Code, then paste the text

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
  7. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    My advice: drop it, it's an imitation of an useless edition. It does not run faster. You can't do any tweaks and hacks on a proper 11 SE.
    Use regular 11 SV2 (22621 build), with Security - App & browser control - Smart App Control = On if more lockdown is what you are after

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
    #108 Maximalprime, Aug 13, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    not sure what causes it but I noticed on normal windows 11 home and pro at times that App & browser control in Microsoft defender has turned itself off, I had to go in and turn it back on, I still don't know that causes that if its a bug in its software or the fact my desktop only has secure boot, and not that TPM 2.0 thing, it doesn't have that chip at all on its gigabyte motherboard, I think it has the port for one but I don't know if it had came with it since its been years, since we built it, I think I would try it for eBook reading or gaming maybe on pc, I don't know if I really need tweaks or hacks, just looking into what might make windows safer for web browsing these days I had to use AdBlock a lot and also
    No-Script Suite Lite in edge web browser, since ever one and awhile I run into a website that tries to send you to other pages, stuff like that, I haven't yet gotten any virus on windows 11 but I want to be careful anyway. I am guessing Windows 11 SE can handle scummvm and normal games maybe and maybe stuff like steam I haven't seen yet what can and what does not work on it, I have not tested it that much, I would test software on my old laptops, the dell with the intel HD 3D card, and my old Toshiba which also has an old Intel based 3D card, was planning on testing them on the old laptops, thanks anyway for reply back :) also I have not tried to install calibre on it to see if that software title works either or kodi to test it with that too. and maybe steam or epic games launcher if any of that can run and play games on it, without the use of that Microsoft store, but again I have not try much so far, only had access to it for less than 1 day or 2 days now, ok well I try more Saturday, I need to get some sleep its 1Am here at home.

my gigabyte also has that fast boot option, that they created for windows 8.1 not really sure if that makes windows 10 or windows 11 boot up faster or not, I keep it set to the normal setting, for that, the very fast boot option also it has in its 2013 bios, causes it to not allow the usb keyboard to enter the bios, so I don't use that settings much. I don't really notice any improvement when fast boot is on or off, it seems like windows loads the same in either setting. when you wrote It does not run faster. I am guessing you were talking about windows 11 loading time into the desktop, because the normal home and pro loads slow, I have to wait at the login normally for tray icons to load before I log into it otherwise when I used it before on my real desktop, it causes stuff to load when at the same time I log into windows, its not fast in the normal editions of windows 11 I notice its not any better than the loading times of windows 10 was. if that's what your talking about in your reply to me.

9. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
  10. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
  11. scaramonga

scaramonga MDL Senior Member

Oct 27, 2012
    ...and the point of this is?

12. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
  13. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
  14. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
  15. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Your SE does not enforce ProductPolicies. A properly licensed SE is locked down, you can only run curated apps from MS (and the Administrator), as it's meant for the educational sector.

16. Maximalprime

Maximalprime MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2022
  17. Bezalel

Bezalel MDL Member

Apr 30, 2012
    I tried this and it doesn't work. The OS image is locked down but it isn't an SE image. During OOBE it reads the BIOS key and converts it to match the hardware.

18. pm67310

pm67310 MDL Guru

Sep 6, 2011
    can you share private the SE key ? thank you

19. Bezalel

Bezalel MDL Member

Apr 30, 2012
    #120 Bezalel, Aug 25, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2022
    I don't have a useful key. The partial generic product key is T6R4W. If you manage to inject this key to your MSDM table it would probably install SE but won't activate.

The serial numbers can be found at https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/surface-recovery-images.79083/