Disk Boot Failure. Insert System Disk And Press Enter

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by idorace, Apr 5, 2011.

1. idorace

idorace MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010
    Hello:

I used Darik's Boot And Nuke to wipe an existing hard drive that I own, it took forever, but worked. Now when I try to install Windows 7 from a dvd that I have used before more than once (obtained from this site). I get the following message:

Disk Boot Failure. Insert System Disk And Press Enter. Does the hard drive need to be formatted? Any suggestions? I have the first boot set for the DVD drive.

Jeff

2. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    The hard drive will need to be formatted sooner or later so I guess that's you're choice.

If the hard drive has been wiped, and the optical drive that holds the DVD at start up is the first boot device and the disk wont boot, I'd think you need to make a new bootable Windows 7 installation DVD.

Or maybe try cleaning the DVD. The disk, not the drive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. idorace

idorace MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010

BIOS is set for to read DVD first

The DVD works in other pc's

Jeff

4. idorace

idorace MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010
    The files that are found in the Windows 7 repository are surly bootable. Right??

5. racky29

racky29 MDL Senior Member

Aug 2, 2007
    #5 racky29, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
    yes, if you got it from here it should be a good bootable one
    if you aint got the ISO, what you could do is just burn a copy of the dvd you have to a new dvd, make sure you burn on slow speed
    might need a different brand of dvd,
    it could just be a tiny little mark or greasy spot that stopping the dvd from booting
    it might be worth a try, its worked for me a few times in the past

6. idorace

idorace MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010

That is correct, I do not get the 'press any key to boot from CD' prompt.

Jeff

7. zahnoo

zahnoo MDL Senior Member

Feb 2, 2011
    Bad drive sounds like. is this the first time you've tried to read this media in the drive in question? The media might not be compatible with the drive or the drive's firmware version.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. robzombie

robzombie MDL Novice

Jun 28, 2010
    Q: I used Darik's Boot And Nuke to wipe an existing hard drive that I own, it took forever, but worked. Now when I try to install Windows 7 from a dvd that I have used before more than once (obtained from this site). I get the following message:

Disk Boot Failure. Insert System Disk And Press Enter. Does the hard drive need to be formatted? Any suggestions? I have the first boot set for the DVD drive.

A: Next time dude hit any keys when you try to install a windows 7 at first boot :p

9. zazo

zazo MDL Novice

May 25, 2008
    hallo
    I have hp laptop,recently i get this messege (BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND PLEASE INSTALL OPERATING SYSTEM ON YOUR HARD DISK (3F0) F2 SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS),I changed the hard drive with another new, but I stil get the same messege,i tryed safe mode with f8 but it dose not enter to safe mode,any help.
    kind regards

10. zazo

zazo MDL Novice

May 25, 2008
    #10 zazo, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    boot failer

I have hp laptop,recently i get this messege (BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND PLEASE INSTALL OPERATING SYSTEM ON YOUR HARD DISK (3F0) F2 SYSTEM DIAGNOSTICS),I changed the hard drive with another new, but I stil get the same messege,i tryed safe mode with f8 but it dose not enter to safe mode, i tryed also to reinstall windows BIOS is set for to read DVD first but also failes to install ,i tryed install from usb device also useless.

any help.
    kind regards

11. Michelle68

Michelle68 MDL Senior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    #11 Michelle68, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    Is the bios setup that the hard drive is the 1st boot device?

The hard drive with the OS on it should be the 1st boot device.

Remove any USB sticks,external drives or disks in the DVD.

If the notebook has 2 internal hard drives select the one you want to boot from and make that drive the first boot device in the bios setup and save the changes.

If you are first installing an OS from a DVD or USB stick set that device in the bios as the 1st boot device but change it to the hard drive after the first reboot of the installation process of Windows 7.

12. zazo

zazo MDL Novice

May 25, 2008
    Thank you ,but there is no O.S on the drive(new hard drive) I tryed to install it from dvd,and bootable usb stick ,but I think bios does not recognized them ,nothing only black screen.

13. iBen95111

iBen95111 MDL Junior Member

Jun 12, 2010
    When you have the dvd in the drive, press esc or whatever key lets you open the boot menu.
    Choose your CD/DVD drive name and press enter.
    It should let you boot from disc and let you clean install.

14. zazo

zazo MDL Novice

May 25, 2008
    at the boot menu I have selected boot from cd/dvd many times ,the same thing for boot from usb device ,but every time i get black screen with white blink above left side,
    may it has bios corruption? because I do not see the cd/dvd name in bios configuration .