Diskeeper 2011

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by TONPumper, Jun 8, 2011.

1. TONPumper

TONPumper MDL Member

Jan 2, 2011
    I just got this software and I love it! The only problem is when I search for my Windows' defragmenter, it doesn't show up in the start menu, which I assume means that it doesn't exist. Is this normal for this software?

2. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    try start/all programs/accessories/system tools/disk defragmenter

3. Hackemate

Hackemate MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2009
    it's normal....Diskeeper replaces the Windows Defragmenter.

4. TONPumper

TONPumper MDL Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Good to know. Thanks!

5. TONPumper

TONPumper MDL Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Whenever I click on "Help" in the Event Logging part of the options, it says this:

Where is the Application Event Log and how do I edit the size?

6. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    Its part of the event log. Click on start orb and type eventvwr.msc in the run box (or open the event viewer whichever way you like). In the left pane, click "Windows Logs", then click "Application". Thats the application log.

Now click "source" column heading in the right pane to arrange in order and scroll down to locate diskkeeper. You can also create a custom view to filter on DK.

Theres no need to change the size of the application log manually. You can right click on the application log in the event viewer, click properties then specify what you want when the log reaches max size.

7. Diskeeper Support Rep

Aug 5, 2011
    I myself work with the Support section of Diskeeper and actually despite that message, it's infrequent in Diskeeper 2011 that you'll encounter a scenario where the Event Log are written to as frequently as it may have been in previous version. It may still be a good idea to increase the size anyway if the Event Log is something you frequently review (especially for older entires) but shoudl not be as much a necessity with Diskeeper 2011. Glad to hear you are enjoying the product and please feel free to contact us if you need anything in the future!