Diskpart

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by vze2mp9g, Jun 23, 2019.

1. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Hello
    Approximately eight years ago, I have a Western Digital 2 TB external HDD. I was experimenting with the Diskpart command. I was making it impossible to access the files on the Western Digital 2 TB external HDD. I used Offline, Hide, Remove, etc.

I just was organizing my computer room and I found two drives that I made impossible to access. Is there a way to make the Western Digital 2 TB external HDD back to normal so I can access the files again/? I want to copy all the files on these two Western Digital 2 TB external HDD to a WD 15TB drive.

I would appreciate all and any assistance with this issue.
    Thank you.

2. boyonthebus

boyonthebus MDL Addicted

Sep 16, 2018
    diskpart
    list vol
    sel vol X
    clean
    create part pri
    sel part 1
    format fs=ntfs quick
    assign letter=X

X is whatever vol is, then whatever drive letter you want.

3. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012

No, I have an external drive that I can't access and I need to access the drive so I can access the files on the external drive. I don't want to format the drive.
    Thanks for your responce.

4. er557

er557 MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2013
    You shouldn't have played with fire if you didnt want to get burned... You can try recuva to try and scan for the files and see what you can extract/save. Otherwise we need to know excatly what commands you used and what can be done about it. Sometimes a partition just loses it's drive letter but it exists and needs a new drive letter, so do try disk management in windows to check the state of the partitions.

5. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Junior Member

Dec 11, 2018
    try it with acronis disk director 12.5
    to restore the condition,
    maybe it works

6. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    So you made it offline & maybe removed the drive letter?
    diskpart
    lis dis
    sel dis x
    online dis
    lis par
    sel par y
    assign letter=t
    exit
    See if the steps above help in making X drive Online and Y partition assigned a drive letter...

7. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Thank you for your quick reply. I'll give it a try and I'll get to let you know if it worked!
    Again, Thank you. :)

8. vze2mp9g

vze2mp9g MDL Addicted

Oct 13, 2012
    Thank you, I'll give it a try. I thought Acronis Disk Director was a backup program. I'll google it and hopefully it will work.... :)