Display driver problems?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hehenoodles, Oct 25, 2009.

1. hehenoodles

hehenoodles MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    So I reinstalled my copy of windows 7 and now everytime I restart my computer there are these dots/horizontal and vertical white lines that run across the screen for like 1 sec during boot (right before it shows that Win 7 load screen, about right before login). Something like this:

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

The two horizontal lines at the very top and bottom signify the screen edge. The set of dots/horizontal lines appeared right after the fresh install and the vertical lines occur after I update my drivers from Intel. My display adapter is a Mobile Intel 965 Express. Currently using driver version 18.15.10.1930 but I also tried the previous one which I was using before the reinstall (1912) but it was still the same. Is it a compatibility issue or is it just my display driver?

2. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Before the loading screen there are no drivers loaded, but maybe if you are using a loader it could be that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hehenoodles

hehenoodles MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    I'm using a bios mod so there are no loaders. Fresh install so nothing else is installed except the Intel driver. Any other reasons that would explain those lines?

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    but when exactly are they apearing? before the real boot (starting windows... end the flag animation) or just before the actual logon?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Lich King

Lich King MDL Addicted

Sep 24, 2009
    seems to be a video adapter problem.. try installing video driver..

6. hehenoodles

hehenoodles MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    The lines appear after that animated starting windows flag, right before the login screen. And isn't the video driver just my display driver?

7. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    yes that intel driver you've installed is your video driver, but I don't know what causes your problem.

8. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    I have the same issue, I think it is something with the Intel 965 drivers.

I just recently installed the new ones and started having this problem. No other display issues though.

9. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Start in Safe Mode and if your display is normal, try the following:
    a). Lower your screen resolution
    b). Lower your frefresh rate
    c). Uninstall your video drivers

Try the first one, then restart in normal mode. If it still doesn't work, try the next.