Display issue

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by Pasta88, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Having trouble with displaying 2 monitors or a tv and a monitor at the same time. At first I could hook up my tv to my laptop and view the picture on each one without issues. It was connected by an hmdi cable. I also had my laptop and another monitor connected to eachother via hdmi and vgi and able to view it fine on both monitors.

I tried using an hdmi spilitter to allow me to view all without unplugging and switching cables. I could not view either tv or other monitor via hdmi splitter. I went back to original hookup but i can no longer see tv or other monitor while set up seperately. When I show display in control panel and show display settings it shows one monitor with a 1 and 2 in it divided by a an up and down line such as this ! without the period below it.

How can I resolve this issue so I can use all displays without unplugging cables or to go back to my original hook up.

thx

2. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    Guys, plz?

3. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    cmon guys, a little help plz.

4. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    So you have a laptop and another one screen connected but you cannot see anything on the tv / monitor that is connected or do you have two extra screens connected ???

Graphics card ???

First off you need a pretty good built in GPU in your laptop to put a decent picture on a tv , secondly i personally would not use splitters. Unless you want to spend big bucks on high end splitters.

Go to screen resolution settings ( right click desktop) check "display desktop on 1 / 2 " dependant on your display setup. Restart your machine with all extra displays unplugged. Recreate your original setup one step at a time, may need to setup up multiple monitors in GPU control panel depending on your GPU.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #5 Muerto, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021

6. Pasta88

Pasta88 MDL Expert

Jun 17, 2009
    ok, all set as i see what i was doing wrong. thx

7. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    sounds like you can only use 2 displays.