dmca and future of mdl

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by m9x3mos, Jan 23, 2010.

1. m9x3mos

m9x3mos MDL Novice

Jan 22, 2009
    Not really too concerned about current changes but wondering how much this is going to effect the community and for others later. As you may or may not be aware, the Windows XP OEM SLP keys have been removed from the forum due to a request by DCMA and of course you don't want to argue that has gets everyone in trouble and whole site will be gone. But wondering how this current request will effect the rest of communinty. I am pretty sure that the others are there that it is not going to currently affect the other versions as those are still listed but if they are requesting to have the removed then next thing you know all the bios that the community has works so hard on and the certs that have been colelcted with them will be gone. I just happen to need a key to match the NetBook that I have and noticed that is gone and the key on bottom for same version wont preactivate which is what i did to make my own disc.

Does anyone know if this is been requested to be removed or how confident are you that the rest of community won't go away. Been a big fan of the site for years now. Don't want to see that happen, especially with the oem keys you can find from any existing made computer and data is readily available so I am missing where there is copy right infringement on it. But gives you slp keys on MS page. Not sure what is up with that either.