Do I have any options to be able to install Windows 10 with what I have...?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ball2hi, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ball2hi

ball2hi MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    I built this computer a while back and used a Win7 key I got from an old computer I bought, which was genuine for several months (maybe even a couple years) and then all of a sudden it was deactivated and I guess that key was blacklisted. I had to resort to using stuff to trick windows into thinking it was genuine.

I installed Win7 onto my SSD on my new computer. I have been using IR7 for a while since it worked great and I couldn't get other things to work. However, I don't think I can upgrade to Win10 without formatting my SSD (which I have very valuable data on and I don't even know if I could copy it all to my HDD).

I get this from DAZ's loader:

(Can't post link. It's unsupported partition table error)

Is there anything I can do or is wiping my SSD my only option to upgrade? I'd like to keep all my app data/personal files and just upgrade.

2. mimart7

mimart7 MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ball2hi

ball2hi MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    I tried that but it says that Windows isn't activated on my computer and is asking for keys, and there is no "skip" option.

4. ball2hi

ball2hi MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Unfortunately I can't find a solution on the forums. I'm probably just stupid and can't see it.

Somewhere down the road though will probably be a solution to fix this I'd imagine, so I'll just have to wait.

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    It's likely a UEFI system and you're not using MBR, so you could install a BIOS mod. Search the forum to see if one exists for your hardware and then you'll be able to use the loader application to install the missing certificate and serial.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ball2hi

ball2hi MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015
    Could it really be tied to my hardware(BIOS) if I manually put the whole computer together?

I'll look into both methods, but I'm going to hold off on upgrading to windows 10 until some of my more vital applications are tested on windows10 and fixes the problems and such.