Do i HAVE to download DAZ's loader 1.7.9?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by thijs12, Apr 5, 2010.

1. thijs12

thijs12 MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2010
    Last time i used his trainer it was his 1.7.7 version.
    should i download 1.7.9 and let it reinstall the key or something?
    im no good at this stuff..

2. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    If you are activated with no problems with DAZ loader 1.7.7,then you don't need to do anything.

3. thijs12

thijs12 MDL Novice

Feb 19, 2010
    oh oops, i just uninstalled and then installed again, im still activated though:)
    Thanks for the reply anyways:)

4. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    If it aint broken dont fix it..:)

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    As others have said version 1.7.9 may not be required for you if version 1.7.7 worked. There are a handful of people out there though who were not able to install version 1.7.7, to these people or people switching to my loader from another then version 1.7.9 is the one to use :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Loaders ≠ Software
    need not to update if it works for your comp

just want to clarify this point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Dude the new loader 1.7.9 really only added a few more keys to support more OEM companies along with more or less Diagnostic options for people who the loader either does not give them the genuine sticker or ppl that cannot restart after installing the loader. Basically if the loader 1.7.7 works for you then stick with it cause there were not any real big upgrades between the 2. If however 1.7.7 does not work for you then upgrade to the 1.7.9 version. That is pretty much all you need to know about it lol

@blackranger: You should not post your email here unless you want to get spammed alot. The Admins/Moderators say to never post your email anywhere here except of maybe a PM or something. You can have it here IDC. I am just saying that it is a possibility that someone could spam the hell out of your email if they are assholes. Just saying.

8. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    For my own built desktop PC, even daz 1.6.9 works. Daz 1.7.7 also works. Being conservative, I go with what worked, especially in these matters. Used 1.7.7 for the last 2 times.

9. ckesp

ckesp MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2010
    I Thank DAZ for his Loader.

Hi, I am a new Forum member. This is my maiden post.
    For the short time I have joined, I have already benefitted a great deal.

Thanks to DAZ's loader v. 1.7.7, I am now using a version of Win 7 Ultimate 32bit without a single objection from MicroS. It was so simple. Just a "one click" execution and my system passed ALL the "Genuine" tests. I took ALL the updates including the dreaded KB971033. So I am a happy man indeed. Never thought it would be so painless. My previous exercise had been quickly caught out, before I stumbled onto DAZ.

Mind, my system is less than a week old. In another Forum post, someone said it was only a matter of time, before MicroS caught up with us. That's why they recommended a method to extend the "rearm" period indefinitely.

Are they right? I'd have to wait and see. But for now I'd just continue to use my system and wait for MS to catch up.

10. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Although your system seems to have passed the kb971033 test for now, would it not be wise to stay away from it for as long as possible. It will be there on your system like an antivirus and keep updating and mutating itself. Thus, it may not have infected your PC for now but may do so later.
    Wise step would be stay away from kb971033 in the next install.

11. ckesp

ckesp MDL Novice

Mar 26, 2010
    I have taken your advice and un-installed KB971033. Hope the "cancer" hasn't spreaded itself.
    As I said my system was less than a week old. There isn't a lot on it.
    If necessary, I'd re-install from DVD disk and apply the loader again.

12. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010