Do people want to hide their activation code so microsoft can't see it or??

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gastro, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gastro

gastro MDL Member

Jul 22, 2009
    So that other people trying to circumvent registration can't steal it?

What does it matter if others with the same goals can build on your code?

Additionally, do you really think Micrococks isn't able to reverse your code on their OS?

So why do people obfuscate their code(I've noticed no one can seem to spell obfuscate here - it's really not obcsfucsate)?

If we're helping one another, the only reason to obfuscate code would be because you're going to use it to make a couple bucks, or you're going to want to splash your name all over the internets.

Orbit and hazar promote a certain pay forum I'll not mention.

The few really good activ@tors were german or chinese, and their code was pretty much open.

2. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    This is going to be a touchy subject.If your going to use someone else's code at least give em a shout, don't try and hide it eventually someone is going to go fishing and see it's not your code - as what happened to Orbit. When someone pointed that out he changed the option and gave a shout only after the fact.There was tons of bashing going on up until he changed it.

As far as there forum goes i already stated my position on another thread.Those people who have paid i don't feel sorry for you at all. Your in essence paying for pirated software i don't care how much they want to say it's for server cost - that's the biggest load of BS ever.

3. dntt

dntt MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
    Reign_Of_Freedom - i agree with you. i think orbit is a phony and a thief. web site owners make gobs and gobs of money on ad revenue like mdl. also don't think for a moment that hazar is 14 yo. he's probably more like in his 30s or late 40s. there is a thick veil of deceit from folks who post on the internet. believe no one. :cool:

4. gastro

gastro MDL Member

Jul 22, 2009
    I'll agree that there's no way Hazar is 14. I don't say that because someone who is 14 can't code or copy code or improve on code, but because he seems to be about money now that he's grouped with orbit.

Two code stealing faggots circle-jerking their NAMES in front of the world.

And, apparently, this forum is full of 14 year old noobs who tell you to shut up and code your own loader if you have a problem with it.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT ORBIT AND HAZAR CAN'T DO, YOU STUPID KIDS!

5. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    People steal code all the time.
    I'm not saying it's OK for them to take others work and call it their own... but to point the finger at only them is not right either.

It's very common to see someone take something someone else has coded (take for example, a skin), modify it and call it their own.
    That's life. You'll find it at all levels of coding from the very bottom weekend coder, all the way up to top working-for-a-company development team.

I've seen lots of people bitch at Orbit over his Windows 7 Loader -- which was the Vista Loader modified to work with Windows 7 -- including someone who tried to say that Orbit was 'stealing' credit for GRUB which anyone with two brain cells would know is an open source app.

There's only so many ways to code a simple program.
    The Vista/7 GRUB Loaders, while not common coding knowledge, aren't very complex in their working and their functions typically cannot be cleanly coded any other way.
    But the thing is.. even if they did steal the code, they were the first ones to adapt it to Windows 7 and release it publicly. Hazar even said that he coded the 7 Loader based off the Vista Loader from the begining.

As for the money aspect... do you have proof that they're making 'gobs and gobs of money'?
    Last I checked, neither Orbit nor Hazar have their own websites and release things on forums like MDL or torrent sites like ThePirateBay.
    Not a lot of money to be made by users of those sites.

Oh yes.. CLEARLY you are the mature one here...

What does it matter if he's 14 or 40? The fact that he lied?
    OH MY GOD!! SOMEONE LIED ON THE INTERNET!!! ALERT THE PRESSES!!!!!

I would believe that he is 14 because when I was 14, I personally knew people my own age who could code similarly.
    Younger people learn at a much faster rate. I've been teaching myself C# and I'll tell ya.. wish I was 14 again because I picked up everything a lot faster back then.
    I truly don't find him saying he's 14 surprising at all.

6. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
  7. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    I honestly fail to see the problem with that...
    If they think the services provided by the VIP section are worth the $12, great.
    I personally don't think it's worth it, but then again I don't have need for direct downloads... and no, RapidShare doesn't count as direct download.
    When you have to spend a large portion of time doing a capcha, then waiting for your download to start, then changing your IP after it finishes to circumvent the download limit... it's more trouble than it's worth.
    You could get around that by having a Premium account... but then, what's the difference between a Premium Rapidshare account and the VIP section?

If what they offer is legit, FTP server + Free technet keys, I think the $12 is worth it for those without high speeds or limited time access or just whoever wants keys. I have the luxury to download overnight so torrents are fine... but if I didn't I'd be interested in a direct download to get consistent speeds during the limited time I have available to download.
    If someone's too stupid to use google to get what they want for free, it's their own fault. As the saying goes "A fool and his money are soon parted".

8. untermensch

untermensch MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2008
    #8 untermensch, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  9. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    #9 Reign_Of_Freedom, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    That i do agree with.

10. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    it's funny really, because I am 14, and I can code loaders. Amazingly.

11. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    There is a difference between actually being able to code and being a copy and paste script kiddie. Thought i'd point that out.

12. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    As for borrowing a string or two from unter, I am sorry dude, but cos 1.3 was a leak then you didn't get achnowledged.

13. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    Can you tell me why it's so hard to put a small shout into your program giving credit to others who's code you "borrowed"? Or even something on a txt file for that same effect?

14. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    I lol'd

I made the first grub based act*vator avaliabe for 7, other than that crazy chinese one that a lot of people said didn't work. So yeah people have improved on my original design and I have reincorporated those changes. This isn't about OMG GIVE CREDIT! its about helping eachother out. I thank Unternmensch for making such cool improvements, and I apologize if my failiure to achnowledge him fully.

15. gastro

gastro MDL Member

Jul 22, 2009
    My OP was about people being fags and wanting money, as you've done with orbit and winvista.

You hide your code(and suck at it) because you want people to pay money to a forum they don't need to be a part of. Someone else's pre site that they only get MS OSs from.

And if you're 14, I'm 6.

16. lunar21

lunar21 MDL Addicted

Dec 14, 2008
    I give respects to you on this comment. It may be a little late but at least you gave it. I might be one of the only ones here to say this but I think you for everything you have done with all your loaders, even if you did take code from another person.

I mean if these people knew anything about coding and how things work, why not make a loader themselves????? Until they do, they should give thanks to you and each and every other coder out there that makes a loader even if it has some stolen code with addons or something. They should just be thankful that they have a working Windows 7.

THANKS TO EVERYONE OUT THERE FOR YOUR LOADER PROGRAMS!!!!!!!! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  17. Reign_Of_Freedom

Aug 1, 2009
    Correct me if i'm wrong but, was'nt your W7 lo*der based on a completed Vista Source?

18. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't want any money. I don't pay the bills at win7vista!

It is really quite funny, saying I suck at code, given that I wrote the best loader for 7 in terms of compatibility. I would love to see some of yours, and at 6 that is impressive!

19. gastro

gastro MDL Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Their FTP holds a lot more than MS Operating Systems.

The idiots who pay to be members are paying for someone else's pre site.

I told you orbit would get a bad name, and you decided it was worth it, for the pre site, I guess.

Plenty of people are willing to do what you DID and don't expect anything in return. Also, your code wasn't virgin, and you know it.

20. drone_pilot

drone_pilot MDL Junior Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Personally I deplore people making money out of these things - whether it is their code or not. Its still Piracy and I think sooner or later the FBI will nail them :D

I'd rather buy GENUINE Windows licence before handing over money to a bunch of greedy little hackers.