Do you believe that reincarnation is real and has a chosen path in each reincarnated soul?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by KBBgans, Jun 17, 2020.

1. KBBgans

KBBgans MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2020
    Let's start the discussion and i really want to know your opinion about this thread :cool::D

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    There is no place here to promote one's religious beliefs.
    Here is a digital technology forum.
    Your faith is your personal thing and there is no need to promote it here. Moreover, different religions have different opinions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KBBgans

KBBgans MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2020
    I respect your opinion

but .......

Did I say or type that I promote a religious belief in the thread title ?

And one thing....

I'm really want to know the other people opinion and not only your opinion about this thread :D

Thanks for your comment nor your opinion @kaljukass

4. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    I believe is real and theirs lots of prove to back it up.

5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Yes but is not exclusive.

I really wonder, I really want to know why you always make corrosive comments like that.
    Oh, and you should start reading mdls rules. There's no prohibition to discuss religious topics... Pff

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    As long as a topic hasn't been deleted after some time it is conform to the rules.
    OP asked a question and a serious discussion about it is possible if personal accusations stay away.

This forum section does not belong to the tech forums explicitly.
    MDL has a non tech area where people can discuss such matters respecting the rules.

There are people reporting from former life at hypnosis (reincarnation-hypnosis) and it also can be discussed as scientific aspect.
    Illusion or not / just a dream?...it has nothing to do with religion at first place, but with self-awareness.

As long as there is no attempt to propagate a particular religion by that the thread can be here..there are lots of non-religious people who are convinced of a former life..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    #7 case-sensitive, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    Its a load of crap . Theres no proof or indications that it happens . It just people afraid of dying ...... and evil ' esoteric ' people ...... who claim to speak for god or some higher power ...... exploiting them .

There are several people and organisations that offer millions of $$$ for proof . For example him ---- > https://web.randi.org/home/jref-status

At believers ...... tell us a theoretical way that it ' could ' happen ....... and put your ' proof ' on the table ....... and lets measure it :)

8. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #8 Yen, Jun 20, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    Do you know how the Tibetans are finding (have found) their new Dalai Lamas?
    If you research about that you'll find amazing things. Check the life of Tenzin Gyatso. Especially his childhood.

I personally have no clue how I should categorize reincarnation.

There are lots of mental approaches which suggests it.

For instance when you compare yourself to yourself when you had been a child.

What exactly is still the same and what has changed? I mean all the molecules, cells and stuff you are saying today: "That is me, case-senitive", your body.

You have had food, drinks. You grew up. Foods became part of your body, other stuff you have excreted. How many percent of the 'matter' (molecules, cells and stuff) are still a part of your body today?

And 'what' is still the same? You have not died, but that what had made you identifying you as a child, your body is no more. It has changed. Cells of your body came and died, but you are here.

And a valid question now is: "What if 'you' are reincarnating all the time, every moment?" 'Something' that makes you saying 'me' all the time, something that appears by taking different forms of appearance. (Child, adult, etc)..

This is only one example for a pure mental approach. No religion, no belief at first place.
    It is also a big puzzle in science. 'What' makes you saying 'you'? 'Where' is it? It can't be all the matter your body consists of...it comes and goes.

Another mental experiment I had posted a long time ago:
    Mentally dismantle yourself. (Mental experiment)

You are sitting here, next to you is an empty chair.
    Now you are losing your left arm. You are sitting here, on the chair next to you is your left arm.
    That what had been formerly 'you' is now 'you' and your left arm. Conclusion: You are not your left arm.

Go on.....

Get it? Where are you? There is no 'place' at your body that is you. Anyway you are.

Religion has their own terms for them. Body and 'you' =soul.

To believe in reincarnation leads to nothing. And yes reason for it is mostly being afraid of dying.

If reincarnation is not true, then you are believing in an illusion. Your worries about your own death persist.

If reincarnation is true, then you believe in something that is true. But you do not really know it and your worries about your own death persist.

9. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    No I do not. When you die that is for good. You will never be back.

10. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    lobo claim lobo was dung beetle in past life and dat why shim so Full Of..........It o_O

11. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
  12. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    I read it James Huston story is a very intriguing event.

13. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    science says thought is energy, and energy cannot be destroyed ! so if it cant be destroyed where does it go ? does sperm or egg carry with it data from the past life of your ancestors that you will recall ? why do people get strange feelings like i have been here before but know they haven't ? i don't believe in reincarnation because i think every person gets one life to live and we are creating new lives every day and you can see that by the growth in the world population ! so i dont think we are being recycled .

14. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    not everyone remembers their past lives and not everyone reincarnates and is difficult to dismiss persons that can say who they were in a past live and tell who their previous family members are by name were they live in what house and city and single out personal things they own in their previous lives.

15. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    The most impressing story about reincarnation I know is the mentioned life of Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama.
    I have seen him two times in my life. He is an impressive and wise man.
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/th...laces-of-the-world.22645/page-27#post-1077196

Based on his life there is a biographical film "Kundun" Director is Martin Scorsese, one of the best directors IMHO.
    Being a child he only could know things when being the former Dalai Lama. There is no doubt. Why could he? I don't know...

If not interested in reincarnation I anyway recommend "Kundun". Impressive landscapes, an exciting story and a remarkable part of the Tibetan history and culture.

I also have a few books of him. I like his humor and the fact that he did not hesitate to debate with scientists about such matters.
    He is a sunshine.

This question actually makes no sense. :)

The question about (not to mention the 'correct' term..energy..soul...consciousness...) "Where does it go?" would only make sense if it is an observable object...BUT it is the observer itself! It is "YOU"!

I mean you are making two out of one when asking where does it go, but you can be only YOU.

OK you can ask that, but it can never be an object of an observation.:)

16. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    remembering can also be a very painful experience i rather not remember who i was before this life.

17. amajmon

amajmon MDL Senior Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Oh, if we remembered all our lives... It wouldn't do you any good. I hope my English was correct.

Gentlemen reincarnation has as many holes as Swiss cheese. No one who "believes" in reincarnation has an explanation of the migration of the soul and birth that is again contrary to other teachings. Personally, I believe that it was invented by Hindus to scare people and keep them in obedience. If you are not good and obedient, you will be born as a goat and you will end up as a sacrifice on the altar to the gods of Chaos.

The first problem. The number of people multiplies where is one dies one reincarnates? One magician said that human souls are created by merging elements. So we can see people living their first human life. However, the mistake in this logic is that by disintegrating the fission, of the elements and souls be dissolve because the matrix that held them is destroyed. Unfortunately, he did not reincarnate because he cannot give us an answer to this problem. It was interesting to read his explanation, but also the explanation of his followers that he is the reincarnation of Elifas Levi with whom he has nothing in common. In the end, it was clear that no one believed in it. Lying to himself....

Another problem Tibetans say is that the purpose of reincarnation is some kind of spiritual upliftment and learning supposedly some kind of lesson in this life. The problem is that humanity is getting worse every day, not better. People do not learn anything in this life either, but repeat the same mistakes over and over again. What is the ultimate goal of reincarnation? What's the point if you don't remember anything from a previous life? You say that you were a shoemaker in a previous life, and in this one you don't even know how to tie a shoelace on shoes.

How can you learn something if you have no memory and you are always born as a blank sheet. The soul is supposedly thirsty and drinks from the river of oblivion. Funny. How can a soul be thirsty and not hungry? It's a pointless way for someone to try to explain why you don't remember. For me, reincarnation is a completely pointless ideology or doctrine, whatever. What were you in your first life? What were you before your first life? What will you become after the last life or last day of planet Earth? What does reincarnation save you from? How save you?

Theurgy is the right way. There is no reincarnation. There is no second chance. None of these great leaders of the Hermetic Orders have ever returned. They are all gone. They are the greatest believers in reincarnation. No one to return and take his place as the leader of the order ...... Such shame.

18. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    @lobo11 say from what shim can remember :g: last life lobo was either Street in California or Porta Potty :poop:

19. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    u love that dude;)

20. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    EVERYBODY Loves @lobo11 :wub:....:g:..Or...:g:....You sum kinda HOMOphobic :furious: