Do you hate robo calls?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by LM3, Jun 19, 2015.

1. LM3

LM3 MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
  2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    only ones that dont hate robo calls. :jester:

1: Data (star trek next generation)
    2: the evil iRobot (from the movie iRobot)
    3: the jerky boys (they will call them back and prank the owners of the robo call center)

3. Antilope

Antilope MDL Member

Sep 15, 2015
    #3 Antilope, Oct 29, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    I have a cell phone that doesn't have built in call screening (Moto E).

Here is my solution to screen calls. I created a White-list of allowed callers. Here's how.

In Audacity on my PC I created a 10-second Silent MP3 ringtone.

I loaded this Silent MP3 ringtone into my Moto E and made it the Default ring. Then for all of my desired contacts, I gave them individual real ringtones.

Now when an unknown caller calls (like a robo-call, telemarketer, etc, etc), it doesn't ring my phone and disturb me, as they get the Silent ringtone. They can still leave a voice-mail. But I would rather screen them that way then have to deal with a live annoying caller.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. blair86

blair86 MDL Novice

Nov 6, 2015
    sound great!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    I'm not giving them my email address while this appears on their site:

What other kind of phone is there for it to be available on? Just VoIP services I guess? I don't have one of those anyway.