Do you have a Samsung NU74xx TV (and are UK based)

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by PS Lukas, Jun 5, 2020.

1. PS Lukas

PS Lukas MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2020
    Hi,

I don't know if you are aware but Samsung NU74xx TVs (that are still on sale or under warranty) cannot be updated because there is no memory to fit the patches.

A group has been organizing to get Samsung to sort out this problem -- we feel that these smart TVs are a security risk and will age our TVs prematurely.

There are a couple of groups on Facebook FixOurSamsung NU74xx and Samsung NU7xxx storage as well as a lobby group on FixOurSamsung <at> gmail.

After coordinated effort by a group of online buddies to gain attention the is The Telegraph and Money Saving Experts. Anyone impacted should contribute to:
    • UK’s Money Saving Experts Forum comment
    • Katie from the British newspaper The Telegraph.
    Thanks

2. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
  3. PS Lukas

PS Lukas MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2020
    Hello,

Why would alerting people about a real issue that is impacting others an act of spam? I'm not trying to offload spam luncheon meat -- I'd leave that to Dell Boy and Rodney :).

You may not have this TV are not impacted by this flaw, but others are trying to build awareness of this in a forum discussing serious topics.

4. WindowsGeek

WindowsGeek MDL Expert

Jun 30, 2015
    How about posting that issue in the Samsung TV community forums and your OP doesn't say much all your trying to do is redirect members to the two sites posted at the bottom that's what spammers do.

5. PS Lukas

PS Lukas MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2020
    Hello,

I am unable to post links. I sent them to you in a conversation. One of them is on the Samsung Forum. For people in the UK John Lewis seems to be the most receptive (albeit not salving the problem). People who purchased their TV from Amazon have been told to lump it and live with the fact that their 2019 TV will not get updated.

If you can share these with those who can benefit it would help. We need critical mass to get a mega company such as Samsung to move a finger.

This IS a case of David and Goliath!!

Thanks

6. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    dude your full of s**t spammer!!!

7. PS Lukas

PS Lukas MDL Novice

Jun 4, 2020
    Hello @MS_User ,

There is not need to articulate descriptions with words you find the need to use asterisks rather than the actual spelling. I appreciate that you are an MDL Guru and maybe in order to keep that level and respect you need to go through many threads without the ability to dedicate the necessary amount of time to reading through them. I am sharing with you in a private message the links I am aware of. I am now able to post links and I am sharing two:

If you have help resolve the matter for the thousands who, I assure you, are not spammers but consumers in a bind, you are very welcome.

Thanks