Do you think Microsoft would do this?????

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by msr, Aug 3, 2009.

1. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Would they send loads of people here and try to hold up modders, by asking for loads of requests.

We know the phoenix mods are slow, so what do you guys think.

I suppose there is no way to stop such a thing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. justinkb

justinkb MDL Member

Jul 16, 2008
    stupidest thing i've ever heard of

3. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    #3 Hackeur, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    if I were a M$ executive in charge of curbing "piracy", I would certainly have employees infiltrating every forum board that posted cr*cks, lo*ders, h*cks etc..
    This may include flooding with misinformation.

4. Collo

Collo MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    What's the point? It's not like they can stop it.

5. rasso

rasso MDL Member

May 24, 2009
    haha LOL :D +99...

6. frwil

frwil MDL Addicted

Sep 22, 2008
    With new OS they could've fixed the whole OEM-SLP situation. The fact that they saved everything like it was in Vista proves they enjoy it just like we - so what would be the point of flooding on BIOS-modding forums if they don't want to do anything even with loaders which are certainly used much more often by "pirates" than modded BIOS's?

7. secr9tos

secr9tos MDL Addicted

Jul 28, 2009
    +1 I totally agree :D

8. Hellstalker

Hellstalker MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    M$ needs people to pirate their OS in order to obtain mantain supremacy in the OS fight.

Do you really think that if Windows was 100% pirate proof Uncle Billys company would be the top dog of software company?

THEY NEED THEIR OS TO BE PIRATED

9. brut7

brut7 MDL Member

Jun 9, 2007
    I'm going to answer this once and for all.

Their is no bad advertising.

In other words it's obvious to anyone with just a few extra iq points that to let the techies who can do things like mod their bios or just load a new modded bios or even navigate windows to install a crack; have their stuff, is to promote it.

They didn't even change the scheme for 7.

Why?

Got it, good will and good advertising.

Their very good!

10. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Simply put... No.

BIOS aren't specific to one PC, so every BIOS modded to slic 2.1 is going to help someone... even if no one requested it.

11. oneextraid

oneextraid MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I do not understand why MS would even care about OS piracy. Everybody will replace their PCs in the next 2-3 years and get W7 or W8 installed from the OEM. And based upon the early sales of W7 they wouldn't even feel it on their bottom line.

They should focus on Apps. Apps live on, whether Vista, W7, W8, etc.

12. parasxos

parasxos MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2009
    I believe that the difference between linux and windows, at these days, is only the compatibility with some apps and games.

The GUI is nice also in Linux (latest Ubuntu was even better for me than windows) and of course the simplicity that windows have is also now in new Linux distributions.

So if people massivly start to migrate to linux, games and apps developers will start to make them compatible, so these people will never come back, and people like us here in this forum are a crucial part of market for MS for 2 reasons.

1) because all this ingenuity will become a part of linux development
    2) from what i know for people here, we have a lot of "followers" (who modded just his own mobo and not his friends', girlfriend's, mother's, grandmother's? :) )

So i agree with some previous posts and i can see a reason for MS to be a part of piracy.

13. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    #13 Johny23, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    Microsoft, allowing piracy is my startegy for now but within boundaries..

I totally agree.. M$ could have banned the whole workaround by changing the activation scheme..

The truth it seems is in their vital and essential need to advertisers.. Vista didn't lift to expectations and many of those whom I know started shifting to Linux and Mac.. If Windows 7 will not lift up to standards and prove otherwise.. this could lead to some crisis in the market..

Accordingly, Microsoft had no other choice but to advertise its new OS's great new features and capabilities at all costs and prove that it outthrows Vista.. They know this very well.. as well as we do.. Piracy is helpig them as it is harming them.. trust me.. Otherwise, they could have ended this game long ago or to the least extent changed the activation scheme.. Literary, they gave us the OS on a plate of gold.. they have the cash, capabilites, and the potential to do stop this.. why the delay? :confused:

There is only one explicit answer, Microsoft recognizes that it's benefiting from piracy for the time being, and I can judge from my experience.. I upgraded both my XP PCs to Windows 7 and started advertising and flirting to my friends about its great new features.. some will order the OS after 22nd of Oct..

The people needed someone that releaves them after Vista's shock.. and that's piracy's duty.. Microsoft wouldn't mind distributing free copies of its OS for advertising purposes.. and that's the case with us people.. Piracy could be part of this big game.. Stuff would only get out of hands in Microsoft's perspective when enterprises and companies and other worthy customers start using pirated Windows 7.. or when pirated windows starts overtaking genuine windows and counterfeit rules.. But we are taking this at our own risk.. Once piracy starts being sold in name of Micorosft.. and people start holding Microsoft liable to counterfeit being SOLD.. stuff would differ.. :rolleyes:

But as for now, everything is going smooth as silk and as planned to Microsoft.. they knew this would happen.. And most importantly, Microsoft has got the keys of the game people, they can end this the time they want.. The time they feel like it.. Inshort, Microsoft knows what it's doing.. it's a foundation for god's sake.. :cool:

Don't you think? ;)

14. santoshcoolhere

santoshcoolhere MDL Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Totally agree with u bro.But i think that MS is providing us people with cool new software nd if they stop PIRACY and get the prices down a bit thn they can get more profits.Even my granny will get a brand new Vista DVD if they sold it for $50-100.Why don't they do it ??? Instead of getting into piracy, MS can offer their awesome software at lowered prices so dat everyone can afford to buy it.It automatically kills piracy too since the prices are down everyone will get their GENUINE copies instead of these workaround cr**ks.
    I bet even the people dat make these cr**ks will get their own GENUINE copy once MS drastically lowers their prices.......:cool:

I already pre-ordered a Windows 7 GENINE copy.I wanna appreciate those programmers that work hard to get these wonderful piece of software.

15. Digitalhoward

Digitalhoward MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    It does seem MS have taken virtually no steps to prevent Vista or W7 being h@cked. I suspect they are making enough money off the back of Xbox 360, games, DLC etc not to bother too much about the OS. Not quite the same for XP as that was released before Xbox and has been targetting piracy from quite early on.

16. fires

fires MDL Junior Member

Aug 20, 2009
    MS only care about piracy when some of the big counterfeit boys try and make bucket loads of cash from it and get countries law enforcement to stop it. They dont care about the backyard geeks like us. As far as windows 7?, they know all too well that its being cracked but because the average computer user is clueless about the whole activation process they dont care. They also know whats created by man can be broken by man and its a fruitless and pointless exercise to try and stop it.

17. gouryella

gouryella MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2009
    I think they have but to be fair, they are only human. I am sure they would rather have 50 million poeple use their OS and 30 million of those be pirates then only 20 million legitimate users.

18. Johny23

Johny23 MDL Member

Sep 3, 2009
    That's the point.. ;)

19. t0mn8r

t0mn8r MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    I have to agree with most of the posters here. If M$ wanted to make it cr@ck proof obviously they could.

Their act1vation system is to discourage the casual user not the hardc0re h@cker. Of course they don't want rampant commercial exploitation to occur.

This was proven even when NT 4 came out. The key was 111-11111. How silly was that? It proved that they wish to have their OS on as many machines as possible.

If we couldn't cr@ck it how would we use it, right?

20. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    #20 2centsworth, Oct 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
    How Microsoft business group president Jeff Raikes feels about software counterfeiters...quote: "If they're going to pirate somebody, we want it to be us rather than somebody else," Raikes said.

Threads like this do not help the forum, prolly best to delete this one too mods.