Does anyone know how to activate and remove the timebomb of Windows Developer Preview (8102)?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Gustav Vasa, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Gustav Vasa

Gustav Vasa MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2018
    Good afternoon,

I would like to know if there was a way to remove the timebomb of this operating system "who I fell in love with". I really like its functionality and other things related to it. As I said, I want to remove its timebomb, that is the 2 hour system reboot after its expiration date, and if possible activate it so further personalization like changing the picture of the start screen can be achieved.

Thank you all very much for answering the thread in advance :)

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why would you want to keep using a full blown beta OS, with all it's problems?

3. Gustav Vasa

Gustav Vasa MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2018
    Yes I know that it's dangerous to use a beta OS with all its bugs. I wanted to do that just for the sake of testing it on a VM.

4. Gustav Vasa

Gustav Vasa MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2018
    I already asked that in Beta Archive long ago and an user (Only one replied) told me to use KMS Activator which obviously didn't work.

5. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Since you're testing it in a VM, why not just lie to it about what the current date is? Of course that introduces all sort of other problems if it tries to interact with the outside world.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    From what I know timebomb of beta builds is hard-built into the kernel, so, most certainly not removable.

7. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :roflmao:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Gustav Vasa

Gustav Vasa MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2018
    If I set it to the current date (2018) it will restart every 2 hours and will become buggy, I have set it to 2011 but when trying to surf the web browsers give a lot of problems with the certificates.

9. Gustav Vasa

Gustav Vasa MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2018
    On Beta Archive some people could remove the timebomb, but they didn't tell how had they done it. Others said that it was just removing some files and the spp folder which I did but it doesn't work. There must be a way to remove the stupid timebomb. Some people said that the timebomb as you said was built into the kernel, but particularly in the file ntdll.dll.

10. nikservice

nikservice MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2019
    Any news? Im just trying to disassembling ntdll.dll. Nothing at all! I think we need find a piece of code that use something like GetTickCount... ExitWindowsEx...

11. asache

asache MDL Junior Member

Apr 11, 2008
    try everything you find on internet. in the end either something will work, either you will get a virus. ;)

ps: its like you test huawei mate 50 pro and you ask us if quality call is ok.

12. Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2019
    barchive - use TIMECRK v[98,ME,XP,NT,7,8,8.1,10), an utility by KenOath or Ahmed Jebara's instructions

13. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    Link download for that ultility?