Does anyone know where the quarantine folder is located in MSE

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by HelpMe, Jul 4, 2010.

1. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Hi All, i am using microsoft security essentials as my anti virus and i ended up quarantining files that were detected by MSE, however there are a few files that i want to restore back, but i am unable to go to the history list and recover them. Does anyone know where the MSE quarantine folder is located?

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    May be this ->

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Quarantine\

3. HelpMe

HelpMe MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Hehe, maybe i should have mentioned that i am on Windows 7, so i couldnt find that location, but i already figured out how to restore the files, just bring up MSE and go to the History Tab and then select the quarantined items option and from there you should be able to delete/restore the files.

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You need to enable show hidden files and folders, thats why you cand find the location.

5. Pierre26

Pierre26 MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2009
    Under Win7 location is : x:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Antimalware\Quarantine\
    But these files arn't directly usables, you must effectively use the MSE History Tab and then select the file you want to restaure in Qarantine.