Does anyone know who enable snapping on low resolution ?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by theborg, Sep 23, 2012.

1. theborg

theborg MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2008
    Does anyone know who enable snapping on low resolution ?

I found this guide, but it no longer works with RTM.
    addictivetips.com/windows-tips/enable-windows-8-snap-feature-and-how-to-snap-metro-application/

2. UnforgivenRevival

UnforgivenRevival MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2012
    I am also wondering about this. I have tried the reg hack and even the standalone program thats supposed to enable it, Without any luck. :( Has anyone figured out a workaround for this yet? monitor size is 1280x800.

3. buksnatata

buksnatata MDL Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Snapping is not possible with lower resolution than 1366x768

4. Redsand

Redsand MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2012
    #4 Redsand, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
    In on this :worthy:
    Yes it is. I was able to snap just fine using the hack on the consumer/developer preview. It should work the same way in RTM if anybody can find out how to do it again...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    I posted this tweak long time ago on MDL from where it spreaded, this tweak is no longer available over Registry on RTM as it was a debug function for testing.
    Even if you can enable it you can't make full use of the Snap View that way as the needed Pixels to show the Content are just not there, the tweak didnt do any resizing but simply forced the snap view.. just forget about it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. UnforgivenRevival

UnforgivenRevival MDL Novice

Oct 29, 2012
    Lame. I was kinda hoping I could get it to work like I did in the RP version of Windows 8. Well if anyone ever finds a workaround let me know!