Does Daz's windows 7 loader disrupt the BIOS/fan control?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by xilex, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xilex

xilex MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2011
    This is on a VAIO laptop running Win7 x64 ultimate. My copy of Win7 30-day activation expired at around day 31, and then I ran the Daz loader with default options. The problem after the successful installation was that it seems to have disrupted fan/thermal controls. I selected the power saver option and an option to give "quiet" over "performance" so it will keep the fanspeed low. But it looks like this is disrupted because the fan will run high at idle. And when I increased CPU load to 100% for a period of time, the fan speed will actually go down very low. And when I remove the CPU load, it will go back up to high speed. Uninstalling the loader did not seem to help. Reset BIOS options did not help. I'm about to reformat this thing to see if it will fix it, but I don't know whether to use the loader again or removeWAT. Any clues on what might have happened? This definitely occurred after I added the loader.

2. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i don't think the loader has anything to do with your fan problems, especially seeing how it is not related to the fans at all...

fans in the case are going to speed up and slow down on their own according to the temp of the mobo and processor(s). this is a normal thing...

3. xilex

xilex MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2011
    The only abnormalities are the lack of response to changing the thermal profiles in laptop settings, and having the fanspeed decrease with CPU load. That does not make sense, because why would you keep fan speed high at idle and drop it down with higher temps?

4. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    did you ever think this could be a windows problem in the settings you have chosen for power options??? i understand what you are explaining and yes it sounds backwards from how it should be but rest assured Daz loader had nothing to do with it.

aside from that, is there any reason you need the fan to be quieter than it is when it's fully going? i mean, it helps save the machine from unwanted heat issues. it's kind of of a necessity.

5. xilex

xilex MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2011
    Thanks for the tip.

No, because it had worked well before and I had not changed any settings. I'm going to do a clean install and reformat of this. I don't mind it running at full speed when it needs to, but definitely not when it is idle and temperature is low enough.

6. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    but windows does tend to get screwy for no reason lol :p never can tell with windows what windows problem may be lol

7. xilex

xilex MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2011
    haha, yes it does, oh well, will post update after a clean install with windows loader near the beginning.

8. stayboogy

stayboogy MDL Addicted

May 1, 2011
    i suggest getting the windows 7 sp1 u image as it is virtually up to date, then installing all windows updates, and then using the loader.

or just use the image you have and get all your windows updates first and then use the loader. this is how i go about it since i have seen posts about updates breaking the loader (though rare) so this is just a precaution to that.

g'luck

9. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    NO

Guess this can be closed, next time use the windows Loader support topic to ask questions you might think are related to Windows Loader