Does pirated Windows 7 have virus?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Biker, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Biker

Biker MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
    Okay, now this might sound novice to many here, but as a non-tech guy I keep reading that most of the pirated Windows downloaded from internet have virus/malware in it and installing them infects your laptop and turns them into zombie computer.

I was wondering whether knowledgeable members here can guide/advice me on this?

Also can anyone suggest from which thread I can download Windows 7 Professional 32 bit with latest updates? There are soooo many threads here that its actually confusing what is what. There is a sticky thread

[h=2]Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL w/SP1_U_x86/x64 *VL Build* ISO Multi-lang [Dwnld][/h]
    but that was started 3 yrs back so am not sure if that is relevant anymore.

Thanks!

2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Threat

Threat Lord of the Files

Feb 23, 2014
    Yes it's true and many pirated copies are sold to raise money for terrorists ... ffs @ propaganda people post....

Or anywhere else - just verify the SHA1.

As for activation I actually prefer the bios hack method if you using a machine like Dell where the SLIC certs can be updated.

4. Biker

Biker MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
    Can u plz elaborate? I am using Acer TravelMate 4335

5. Biker

Biker MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
    Wont windows 7 automatically update itself? I couldnt find from where to download windows hotfix downloader 6.6
    I tried searching Daz loader and micrsoft toolkit 2.5 but couldnt find them too.. Can u plz give the download link? Cant i activate windows 7 professional thru Daz loader?

Also i read somewhere that one has to keep activating windows 7 now and then because when updates are installed then microsoft detects the pirated version with new updates... is it true?

6. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
  7. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    As the Windows Loader and the Microsoft Toolkit use proper activation methods, non of them can be detected/disabled by Windows Updates :D. So keep your system updated :good3:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Biker

Biker MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
    So which is better? Microsoft Toolkit or Windows Loader?

Also I see that there are different versions of Windows Loader. So does it mean that I have to keep installing/updating new versions when they come up?

9. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Both are equally good and 100% reliable. Toolkit activates enterprise/pro while daz activates all editions except enterprise.
    Daz loader does not install. Need to run it just once and no need to download new versions.
    You can however download and use new versions when you reinstall.
    Toolkit activates for 180 days but you can use it to stay activated forever (the activation expiry always remains 179-180 days).

10. Biker

Biker MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
    Hi,

The website u had given has various versions of Windows 7 Professional. Which one should I download? (My laptop is 32 bit)

Windows 7 Professional x86 SP1 U (media refresh)

Windows 7 Professional N x86 SP1 U (media refresh)

Windows 7 Professional x86 SP1 (old)

Windows 7 Professional x86 RTM

Windows 7 Professional N x86 RTM

Windows 7 Professional x86 RTM (not bootable)

Windows 7 Professional N x86 RTM (not bootable)

I dont understand the difference between them. I tried searching the net but couldnt find any answers which explains in simple english.

Thanks!

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Biker, download Windows 7 Professional x86 SP1 U (media refresh) version that is the latest and if you are going to use Daz loader why don't you not just download Windows 7 Ultimate x86 SP1 U (media refresh)

12. Biker

Biker MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
    Hi urie, thanks for your suggestions.

From what I understand there is not much difference between Ultimate and Professionals versions... just that Ultimate is useful if I want to connect to network or something.

I think for most of the stuff Professional version would be more than enough (I might be wrong so plz correct me if u think something else)

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  14. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    True everything said here about pirated copies. Now I want to recommend KMSAuto Net (download at my signature) regarding the activation part, and it is very reliable, give it a try. :cool:

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    KMS activation for professional :eek: when OEM:SLP is available via Daz loader :) Install once and forget it.

16. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Yes I know, but just recommending KMSAuto Net like MTK is. Don't forget MTK is KMS solution as well. Just another alternative. :)

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Yes I understand :biggrin: All I was saying was why go KMS for Professional you need to activate every 180 days or have tasks running in the background.

18. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Agreed, absolutely. OEM activation better than KMS activation, no doubt. I'm just giving one more alternative. :biggrin:

19. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Pirated copies are generally not discussed here except to state they're not discussed. This forum is all about the genuine Microsoft product. He who chooses a pirated version is basically on his own. I for one appreciate not having to deal with pirated and/or hactivated version discussions.