Does Re-activationg Office 2013 Damage Windows 8 Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by UTDKING, Nov 24, 2012.

1. UTDKING

UTDKING MDL Junior Member

Oct 26, 2012
    As the titles quotes Does Re-activating Office 2013 After the 180days damage the windows 8 activation
    Say if a person purchase windows 8 via the windows 8 upgrade offer
    They install windows 8 either by upgrade method or clean install & use the key provided By Microsoft to activate their windows 8
    no problems so far
    Then they add the features of WMC using the free key obtain from M$ & still have a activated system
    Then they install M$ Office 2013 VL & activate using KMS that gives 180 days
    When the office needs to re-activated again to restore the 180 days Will this damage the data file & tokens files that could cause problems to the windows 8 activation
    I`m sure the information on this subject would be helpful to other users

2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Short answer: Nope! Tested on Pro WMC with multiple activations of Office 15, one is my test machine to check Office activation abilities of a KMS Host :D.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pramodm

pramodm MDL Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I second @s1ave77 ! The answer is a big NO. ;)

4. josepistola

josepistola MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    Great information.
    Thanks all for the replies.

5. BIOSNOIDEA

BIOSNOIDEA MDL Senior Member

Mar 8, 2009
    No dramas at all. Con o sin pistola, Jose ! ok?

6. ishant

ishant MDL Novice

Nov 1, 2012
    Thanks for great information :)

7. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I guess I'll be the one to dig in.

The Windows Activation and Office Activation are stored in one cache.dat file now on Windows 8. If I were to take a best guess at the moment the temporary product information is stored in the data.dat of the SPP in system32. Then its processed and updated to the cache.dat with the tokens.dat storing the main product information regarding editions. Simply put to answer your question when the key is entered to upgrade the edition information to WMC the edition in the cache.dat changes over to reflect this change. I think thats a good enough answer :p

:p