Does the Dell Vista Ultimate X86 nOPE release works with SP1?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by TheGreen1, Feb 11, 2008.

1. TheGreen1

TheGreen1 MDL Novice

Feb 11, 2008
    Does the release by nOPE still work with SP1 RTM? And by the way, how does that one work? Does it use Vista Loader?

2. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Nope.

I know the bootloader 2.1.2.1.2 works fine if applied after sp1 to the MSDN DVD I used to test install Vista Ultimate.

3. Mtthwpez

Mtthwpez MDL Junior Member

Jan 29, 2008
    I dont know i will test it tonight on a vm using vista ultimate 32bit Nope edition and report back :D

4. Mtthwpez

Mtthwpez MDL Junior Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes it does, after the sp1 installed it showed as activated still :D

5. smarteyeball

smarteyeball MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2008
    #5 smarteyeball, Feb 15, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
    It still works a treat. I've had zero activation issues with the x86 release. SP1 away. You simply install SP1, I've never used a crack/loader. All I did was install it and it's still working 9 months later.

6. Doomer D. Great

Doomer D. Great MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2007
    I'm using the same pre-activated 32 bit Vista Ultimate... and well, just now, I started getting "About to expire" warning on the taskbar... it says i should back up important data as I have 13 days left and my activation status is all-green ... just like it was.... don't know what happened.... I'm very picky about windows updates.... i didn't let anything strange install... That's why I'm going for SP1... hoping to have this issue resolved...

I'm going through this Bootloader v2.1.2 thing right now... trying to make head and tail of it... If anyone knows a way through which i can re-activate my current Vista, please do share! Thanks.

7. MrBiglund

MrBiglund MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2008
    I just installed that too, the vista 64 bit nope edition and updated to sp1 and got the rest of the updates using windows update and it works like a charm.

8. HArdstyler25

HArdstyler25 MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2008
    Hi!
    Yes ...it still works with both NoPe Releases (x86 and x64!) after installing SP1... My VISTA ULTIMATE is still activated ;-) !
    I think that the NoPe release is the best one... but i`ve tested also 1 BIE release of Vista Ultimate x86..and it also works with SP1..its also still activated.

9. stormfury_2

stormfury_2 MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2008
    just to clarify the people with the n0pe edition are having no problems then at all with SP1? i was goin' to hold back but if this is the case then maybe i'll give it a whirl - how long ago did you all move to SP1 then out of curiosity...

cheers!