Does the Windows 7 setup create partitions?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Amitc87, May 1, 2010.

1. Amitc87

Amitc87 MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    My friend has an Acer laptop, and he said a while back that something went wrong with his computer, and he took it to Staples for a fix. They did something to it and told him that in order to finish fixing it, he should just run the Acer Recovery CD's and everything would be OK.

However, when he puts in the Acer Recovery Disk, it gives him an error message along the lines of "No partition".

I have a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate burned to a DVD, and I was wondering, if I ran the setup on his computer, would it make the partitions necessary?

Note: He was running Windows Vista before he had computer problems, not Windows 7.

I was wondering because on another forum, someone with the same problem said that they installed Ubuntu first and then made the partitions... if they could install Ubuntu with the "No partitions" error, I was thinking that Windows 7 would work as well. Though of course, if Windows 7 installed properly, there would be no need to make partitions as I don't need to install another operating system (unlike the Ubuntu case).

2. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Nope, those people who buy blank hard drives they are stuck blank forever and can't install Windows on them.

Kidding, lol. Yeah, you just delete all the partitions on the drive (with the disc, it says delete partition on the install screen) and choose to install to "Unpartitioned space" and it will create all the partitions necessary

3. Amitc87

Amitc87 MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    #3 Amitc87, May 1, 2010
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
    (OP)
    xD Almost got me there :p

But more to the point, what loader do you recommend I use to activate Windows 7?
    I haven't installed Windows 7 in a while and I'm unsure of what the latest loader is at this moment... would it be the Windows 7 Loader by Daz?

4. Amitc87

Amitc87 MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    Thanks! I suppose Daz's loader is the best at the moment.

As a new My Digital Life member, I am amazed at the speed of posters. I got the first response in about 3 minutes xP

Thanks guys :D

5. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Say a thanks to the "Thanks mechanism" by Yen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Amitc87

Amitc87 MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    That's a neat feature!