Does windows activation check your bios every time computer starts?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by msr, Aug 2, 2009.

1. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    I was wondering if windows activation checks you bios everytime it starts, or does it just check for the activation?

Can you flash bios back to normal after you have activated, or do you always have to have modded bios with the newly activated windows 7 or vista or whatever?

Has anyone tried to reflash original bios after activation, and can you tell us the answer to my question.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mack

mack MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    it's same for bootloader once original bootloader is in place the activation disappears. My guess is that it checks for slic table on boot.

3. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    But has any of you guys tried to reflash original to see?

I know its a hassle, but i was wondering.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dryoyo

dryoyo MDL Novice

Sep 21, 2008
    Yes it does, I changed mi SLIC info and had to flash the non-slic bios first, and when booted the system, it showed an activation error/warning, then when I flashed the new slic'ed bios, it went back to being activated.

5. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
  6. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    thx guys just wondering how it worked.