Doesn't open windows after installing graphics driver

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by vander, Aug 16, 2015.

1. vander

vander MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    Since I installed the graphics driver Treibers (355.60-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql) none of the started programs shows a window anymore. Already open windows while installing stay vivsible and accessible until I close them or restart Windows.
    When I start a program e.g. IE, the program is visible in the taskbar (icon and preview) and also controlable via keyboard, but there is no window visible on my desktop.
    The hardware: FX6300, MSI 760GA-P43(FX) (MS-7699), 16GB, GTX560Ti

Might it work with another driver? Windowsupdate also installed a driver (dunno which version), but same problem.

EDIT
    I don't had any working driver installed before, it was a clean install.

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    dual monitor setup likely going to second monitor

3. vander

vander MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    This might be, I have an TV connected but it was switched off all the time. Win7 it shows everything on the monitor if the TV is switched off, maybe Win10 changed this behavior. I have to reinstall and check ... will take some time

4. vander

vander MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    Your advise was right, many thanks.

My graphics card has a flaw, I think. The primary and secondary dvi connector seems exchanged.
    I have to connect my display to the second connector, windows shows its secondary device, otherwise it doesn't show bios screen.
    In win7 it was never a problem, because the driver detects if my tv on the primary dvi is off.
    Win10 driver seems not to detect this and shows the opened programs on my tv while the tv is off.

5. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    You can try all of the win 10 and even win 8 drivers, these new drivers are basically only updated for the gtx 9 series, I don't see any improvement for the 7, 6, or 5 series. If they do add anything, they post them in the release highlights.

6. vander

vander MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
    This might be, anyway, since it was working for me in Windows 7, than it's broken now. The good thing, now I know how to handle it :cool: