Done BIOS mod but SLIC remains 2.0

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Hamish, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Hamish

Hamish MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
    #1 Hamish, Nov 20, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
    Hello,

I have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3R motherboard and I used a modded BIOS found in the All SLIC 2.1 thread (the BIOS matched my motherboard's exact model & revision). I flashed it from DOS on a bootable floppy but when I came back into Windows and checked with the SLIC dump tool, it seems I still have SLIC 2.0.

I also tried using QFlash - still didn't work.

Edit:

Okay, using QFlash I've saved a copy of my current BIOS to my flash drive. Back in Windows, I checksummed the modded BIOS which I flashed and the current BIOS which I saved from QFlash, and they're different! So this means that my motherboard has ignored my modded BIOS flash and continued using the old one... Anybody know a way around this, any way that I can permanently delete the older one?

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    What about flashspi to flash from pure DOS? It's the best IMHO for Gigabyte biosmod updates...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Hamish

Hamish MDL Novice

Nov 20, 2009
    I have tried with FLASHSPI.exe and QFlash.
    I am able to flash between official Gigabyte BIOSes, F9, F11, etc, but as soon as I try to flash the modded BIOS it just switches to vanilla F11.

4. hollowel

hollowel MDL Novice

Nov 13, 2009
    By any chance could you be using a loader now? The reason I ask is I just had a similar problem and didn't know it. The Windows Vista I had installed had a loader and I wasn't up on all of this and didn't know it. So when I used a BIOS I found here that was supposed to be SLIC 2.1, SLIC dump told me I had SLIC 2.0 and a Asus notebook. I flashed back to the original Gigabyte BIOS and it still said I had a Asus notebook. I came here with my problem and the good folks here told me my problem was I probably had a loader and I did. Just something to check.