dont know where is junk file..need too clean them

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Louis Flores, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Louis Flores

Louis Flores MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2010
    can you safely delete temp internet files? what else can you do besides defrag? i read somewhere to delete "junk files". where are they and how do i do that.

2. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Get yourself a lovely little program called CCleaner. It does all the work for you, cleans the "junk" files and sort's out the registry too. By the way its free. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bobby Meyer

Bobby Meyer MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2010
    Hi,

U can try System Cleaner ..its a tool Advanced System Optimizer..and very effective in cleaning in junk files & temp files & cookies &..it also contains some other useful cleaners that can fix ur PC & increase its performance..!!
    u can download it 4m tucows.

4. calatheamartinez

calatheamartinez MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2010
    Yes I agree with you that CCleaner is good application but I will suggest you to use tune up utility application. because its support all the features of CCleaner and one more impotent features is you can recover delete file with it. so I think this application give you more features and its so easy to use so try it.

5. sushil1576

sushil1576 MDL Senior Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I am using both CCleaner and Tuneup utilities and i must say both are very good software...But for a free software CCleaner is an excellent program and clean not only system drive but registry as well

6. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #6 timesurfer, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    Also typing disk cleanup in start search box also cleans up stuff

Edit: Oops just saw this was vista thread...lol