Don't vape around your console or PC.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by QuantumBug, Apr 18, 2018.

1. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    Just literally serviced my Xbox One after the winter months, it seems the vape smog has been sucked into the console and turned back into moisture which got everywhere.

Pretty silly really seems I'm a professional hardware engineer.

I'd crack a window or get a top level filter if you're a heavy vaper, check your Computer too. Luckily my PC has an IP rating but it's all stuck in the filter which I can smell.

Just a heads up from a dumbass.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    LOL Yup. My computer is perpetually stoned. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    :shisha::rasta:

4. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    :schmorch: x 1000

5. Bob TheBlob

Bob TheBlob MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2018
    lol good one.... it beats having your Pentium 133's power supply catch on fire because its gummed up full of cigarette + weed tar. Yeah vaping is still s**t tho even if its cleaner, it creates a permanent layer of VG in your lungs, on top of the defensive mucus buildup mimicking a lung infection. Cant wait to see the long term exposure studies on this filthy crap! I had to quit after it started causing damage to my central nervous system after only about a year of use. 6 years later its still healing gradually. I made my own e-liquid from trustworthy sourced VG+PG. f**k that s**t, cigarettes were safer in my case. I know nobody who vapes/smokes wants to hear it. That was literally me for 25 years. Just a heads up from a dumbass. ;P

6. RideTheLightning

RideTheLightning MDL Member

Sep 20, 2018
    Gotta take care of your equipment better and stop vaping around it or stop vaping completely.

Got a lot of cheap games and consoles imported from Japan but they are yellow as f*** so I had to deep clean them but how do I get rid of the yellowness?

Why smoke near these old Famicom and Super Famicom gems to begin with?

Now they are in a vaping free safe zone!

7. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #7 Myrrh, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  8. mr.nomore

mr.nomore MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2018
    My friend is a heavy vape God and he needs to see this the dude plays a lot of games on his PC and vapes all the time.

9. QuantumBug

QuantumBug MDL Developer

Mar 7, 2012
    Hey guys, thanks for the quitting advice but this is not the quit vaping/smoking thread :)

@Bob TheBlob - Yeah in my old job I saw so much smoke damage and things that had burnt out because of tar/smoke damage. Soon as I smelt it the gloves went on before repair.

@RideTheLightning - Depends what kind of stain, if it's age related, clean in outside on a sunny day with bleach/hydrogen peroxide. The UV light helps loosen the yellowing.

I made myself a little desk extraction unit to suck in all the smog now. Problem solved.

Hope this helps,
    Dumbass number one.