Don't vape around your console or PC.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Muerto, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #1 Muerto, Apr 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    LOL Yup. My computer is perpetually stoned. :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    :shisha::rasta:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #4 Muerto, Apr 18, 2018
    (OP)

5. Bob TheBlob

Bob TheBlob MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2018
    lol good one.... it beats having your Pentium 133's power supply catch on fire because its gummed up full of cigarette + weed tar. Yeah vaping is still s**t tho even if its cleaner, it creates a permanent layer of VG in your lungs, on top of the defensive mucus buildup mimicking a lung infection. Cant wait to see the long term exposure studies on this filthy crap! I had to quit after it started causing damage to my central nervous system after only about a year of use. 6 years later its still healing gradually. I made my own e-liquid from trustworthy sourced VG+PG. f**k that s**t, cigarettes were safer in my case. I know nobody who vapes/smokes wants to hear it. That was literally me for 25 years. Just a heads up from a dumbass. ;P

6. RideTheLightning

RideTheLightning MDL Member

Sep 20, 2018
    Gotta take care of your equipment better and stop vaping around it or stop vaping completely.

Got a lot of cheap games and consoles imported from Japan but they are yellow as f*** so I had to deep clean them but how do I get rid of the yellowness?

Why smoke near these old Famicom and Super Famicom gems to begin with?

Now they are in a vaping free safe zone!

7. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    #7 Myrrh, Oct 22, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  8. mr.nomore

mr.nomore MDL Novice

Oct 27, 2018
    My friend is a heavy vape God and he needs to see this the dude plays a lot of games on his PC and vapes all the time.

9. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #9 Muerto, Nov 2, 2018
    (OP)

10. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I just have found this thread. :D
    Contrary to smoke (which is a heterogeneous mixture of solids and gases) when you vape you only produce mist (a heterogeneous mixture of liquids and gases)...

The major liquids are (besides of water) glycerin and propylene glycol....
    Those are very hygroscopic and do not (re)vaporize at room temperature that easy.

That means wherever they condense they attract water and by that moisture....

I am myself an occasional smoker, but I never smoke in my flat.
    I do not want to have any condensate / particulates spread all over the surfaces.....it saves a lot of efforts like painting the walls all the time and all my stuff is without ugly smells / smear....

BTW: The nicotine addiction is supported by social behavior that is tied to cigarette consuming events...
    The addiction to nicotine itself is usually hurdled after 24 h...

A good approach is to substitute the nicotine consuming events first....or to 'untie' them from smoking...
    I myself do not want that so I keep on smoking occasionally. I do not vape, though....either I smoke or I quit anything.

11. parafer

parafer MDL Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Anyone with one semester in Respiratory Care knows not to vape. Yeah it may be a bit better than tobacco smoking in some aspects, but then people start vaping 10x what they would smoke in tobacco, and it can actually be worse. It is BAD BAD BAD for your lungs.

12. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    I've used a vaporiser since 1972 ...... when i feel like it ...... the information given about the danger is based on the fluids ......... i dont use fluids . I use pure product . Why not ? Why use fluids ?

When fluids first arived i tried them and after a few days my lungs didnt like it :)

A vaporiser distills ...... so doing a first run with a little lower temperature gets rid of some things ......... and then only heating to a temperature a little above distilation point = Fractional distilation = An about as pure as posible product = minimal risk .

Before we start burning or crusifying people for vaporising we need an explaination of how big that risk is ? In comparison to other risks we have every day ?

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Chemicals that get heated to the point it turns into a vapor, will contain harmful components.

Please define "pure product" and how do you vaporize a non fluid?

14. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    >Chemicals that get heated to the point it turns into a vapor, will contain harmful components.

Yes . Of cource . BUT :) ...... how much and how dangerous ? And how much and dangerous in comparison to other risks ? Oxygen is dangerous ...... so is water ...... and knives ...... and electric cars :)

>Please define "pure product"

I said ...... As pure as possible :)

>and how do you vaporize a non fluid?

One has recently aquiered a nifty electric solids vaporiser and one for liquids ......... both have one of those wonderfull ' Blow your jaw off ' rechargeable batterys in them ........ and i dont find them as efficient as a simple bubble vaporiser with a lighter . So i dont use them .

Product gets dried and pushed through a normal tea sieve ...... or warmed in the hand and cut up as small as possible ......... or just raw powder before it gets pressed ........ = the smaller the powder the bigger the surface area = the more effective the extraction ...... and a finger dab goes into the bubble ....... and then gently warmed up . Three sucks does all its going to do :) The vapor is invisible ...... all one sees is a shimmer in the air in the bubble ...... and the product changes colour . Same same as chasing the dragon ....... but without chasing it :)

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Try to put your mouth over an exhaust pipe...
    What is the product and it's state...
    Either it's a fluid that can be vaporized or it's a solid and then you're just smoking...

16. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    >Either it's a fluid that can be vaporized or it's a solid and then you're just smoking...

:) ....... a solid that contains a resin ........ when we heat the solid the resin / oil melts .......... vaporises ........ without burning ........ without the soot , tar , waxes and poisonous gases .

To smoke means to burn ........ smoke comes from fire ......... and that is also a distilation ........ wich produces a distilate mixed with soot , tar , waxes and poisonous gases .

17. boe323

boe323 MDL Expert

Jul 19, 2011
    i chased the dreaded dragon for years from 23 to 40, never had lung issues, so i know that dudes logic is sound