Downgrade for Windows 7

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Tiger-1, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    well I'm tired of search how to tweak here and there, ever working with gpedit.msc several times with confuse settings, working managing Registry in all forms then I downgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate and I hope have peace on my head til Linux make one good and efficient platform for games so good bye Windows 10 at least for a while ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #2 Joe C, Dec 13, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    ya know, way back in the late 1990's and early 2000's people were once concerned about spyware and adware. They wanted to protect the personal freedom of privacy. Then Apple and Google came onto the scene, and all is lost

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @JoeC yep well I'm not worried about spyware, adware, AV that I don't use is useless for me only browser good configured, Adguard running all time and good sense only I believe that returning to Windows 7 I forget all craps all headaches and so on; now I have peace simply navigating, playing my loved games, listening wmc, learning more things making internet one thing useful and not wasting my time with futile and bad things is my 2 cents ;)

4. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Hmmm… Let me be the Devil’s Advocate to set the discussion going.

For a start, some recent “critical” updates planted into Windows 7 much of the spying behavior of Windows 10. So not much to be gained there, if it is a major concern.

But really, Windows 10 offers many easy tweaking possibilities just by means of the Settings and Control Panel menus, without having to resort to dodgy registry mods. I don’t know if W7 has as many direct tweaking possibilities.

Furthermore, it has better defense capabilities, a good Edge browser and an improved Photos app, among many improvements and additions.

Err…but after all is said and done, I’m still not sure it’s better than my old XP. :D

5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Joe C: So true. Once it became an accepted way of making money,a huge effort was made by these companies to calm the masses down and coerce them into accepting advertising tracking.

Now it's downright dangerous not to block these ads.

http://arstechnica.com/security/201...tising-that-hid-attack-code-in-banner-pixels/

Then, you have Atom-Bombing, where the Windows atom table is compromised.

https://breakingmalware.com/injection-techniques/atombombing-brand-new-code-injection-for-windows/

Not good.

6. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @Katz hi dude, well I respect your opinion of course you is my friend :) still I'm one crazy programmer so into my Windows 7 I have some files and useful "things" that I catch from Windows XP Windows 8.1 and of course Windows 10 also lol and all works fine now no more problems with WMC, lock screen etc I'm on paradise til 2020 :biggrin: still Windows update is disabled here :sneaky:

7. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @tiger-1: Same here. I'm quite happy with Windows 7. The Simplix pack was what I used for windows updates, and Windows updates are disabled.
    The web browser is what I focus on to block exploits, since most exploits come in because of web surfing.

8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep MJ really web browser for me is the gate of hell :rolleyes: so all caution is little ;) still Simplix pack is our big Father and protector :p

9. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Well said, computing and surfing is to be enjoyed and not be used as merely the object of eternal tweaking, modifying, fiddling, changing and head-scratching (or -banging).

In this respect, I greatly enjoy animated GIFs of lol cats, sports instances, movie caps etc and was surprised when I learned in another thread that the much coveted old Windows Photo Viewer doesn't support animation.

Cheeky cat
    [​IMG]

Good guy cat
    [​IMG]

Cute
    [​IMG]

Note: If you can't see the animation in the above, you're using the wrong image viewer.

10. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    haha very beautiful dude you know I also love cat's including me a Tiger LOL:biggrin:

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    :weep:hmm for some reason that I don't know I don't forget Windows 10 LTSB 2016 same with your strange things made by M$ so now I have two situations: 1)working normaly with Windows 7 and obvious no problem 2)working again with LTSB 2016 I believe this is inherent me I love challenges so in my second machine again searching, tweaking, a lot of headaches and all more related with modifications, adjusts that I think is necessary maybe I'm ambiguous no sure are things of developer autodidact :confused:

12. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Well, I long for the old days of XP where there was just one dominating system and I didn't have to choose or worry whether I was missing something better. And it was good too...it still is.

13. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    i switched from xp to 7 a year ago, i am testing 10 ltsb. gimme xp anyday :)

14. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep I remember very good this times of loved Windows XP I make colaborations help your development including WMP also and earn several cd's with softwares and including one award same I'm autodidact, still remember that Mr BG spend around of US$250.000.000,00 for developing and launching WMP for me this is the one from severals improvements for Windows XP as I already tell here is state of art and now...I have my doubts because all development is focused on multiplatforms (more on smarphones) ;) good bye desktop O.S. :weep: