downgrade from windows 7 to vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Armp0wr, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

#1 Armp0wr, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    Well,

Got this problem i find out my laptop isnt compatible with windows 7,

Are these files for factory reset? if yes do i have vista then again? And how do i open these files...

Or what if i find a windows vista.iso cant i then just install it trough USB and downgrade and using the serial that came with my laptop (that serial label) am i fine to use my laptop or do i need to do things ? how do i see its a untouched .iso?
    or do i need to use daz' loader and enter my serial in it?

Please help..

2. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
    poor you
    it's recommended to do clean install of your vista if you have nothing important left in the system.
    to see if it's untouched MSDN/TechNet release iso, use HashCheck Shell Extension by Kai Liu (a chinese).
    after installation right click properties and click the Checksums tab to start hash calculations.
    Then compare your iso hash with the ones in MSDN/TechNet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Those are Ghost images of your vista system go to manufacturers web site and download manual for your computer and read up on how to access system recovery probably via certain function keys when booting up. you should have read up on how to recover before you even attempted to install windows 7.

4. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

i have readed.. but didnt found anything about it.. the reason why i didnt make a backup is because it needed to be on DVD's and my dvd player on my laptop doesnt work.. i cant open any kinds of disk nor see what it has.. but all by all? what shall i do now?

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Search google using your model number for factory recovery i don't believe the user manual doesn't tell you how to access this.

6. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Or make a custom GHOST DOS/WinPE bootdisk and restore image

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ FreeStyler, i was going to say just make ghost disk, but user says his cd/dvd drive don't work. I know ghost could boot from floppy disk years ago not sure about later versions maybe option to boot from USB thumbdrive I don't know been years since i used Ghost. :)

8. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

So i need to find out how to acces factory recovery
    ?

What will the diffrence be of i downgrade via a .iso?

Or does the ghost file do something more?

9. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Ghost will put computer back to the way it was when you first got it and it will be activated. If you download vista iso you need to use Vista OEM SLP key + certificate to activate computer won't activate with OEM COA key after that you need to find drivers e.c.t

10. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    USB should be possible with Ghost, irt runs on DOS so just make DOS USB disk include ghost and open gho image (and then just hope it ain't password protected)

11. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

So what i need to do is get the ghost program, make a DOS USB disk and open the file hope there is no pass setted and Windows will do everything and i just look?

12. sammey19

sammey19 MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2010
    Thank you very much!

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Not without calling M$ you can't, at one time you could activate without calling them but M$ stopped that way back in XP because people were stealing keys from display models in shops.

14. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

#14 Armp0wr, Aug 26, 2010
    (OP)
    removed this post

15. antman67

antman67 MDL Novice

Aug 26, 2010
    Thank You this is helpful

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I think it maybe F3 at bootup to start recovery.

17. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

F3 didnt work i had a blackscreen with something on it couldnt read it because it went away too fast i clicked again on f3 maybe thats why

18. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

#18 Armp0wr, Sep 1, 2010
    (OP)
    i still dont know how to do it i found a swa forum
    posted my problem there..