Downgrade Windows 7 Ultimate to Professional 64 bit

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hemingway60, Jul 23, 2010.

1. hemingway60

hemingway60 MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2009
    Hi guys,
    I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit as soon as the RTM came out. I then activated it using Windows Loader by Daz. It's been activated for like 9 months now but I never tried installing WAT; scared that I might be flagged as using un-genuine windows. Recently I found out a MAK Key with around 8000 activations left in it. I tried it in W7 Pro VM and it worked. I tried installing WAT on it and it passed the test successfully.
    Here's my question: Since that key is legit and passed the validation test, is it worth downgrading to the Professional version of Windows 7? Is the process completely safe? (I upgraded from XP to Vista and then to Windows 7 when it came out flawlessly so this procedure should be successful since its the same version of windows)

Thanks for any help. :)

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    The loader might last longer than the key since that key is all over the net and might get blacklisted then all of a sudden you'll get deactivated

Just keep loader and ultimate

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  4. hemingway60

Aug 13, 2009
    How will it get blacklisted? There is a limited amount of activations in it. Once the limit is reached, no one can activate their windows with that key.

5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Usually keys are meant for single users or companies so when it gets passed around all over the net sometimes MS blacklists that key ;)

6. hemingway60

Aug 13, 2009
    Lol, I searched the key on Google and came out with only 2 pages. What about the OEM SLP keys? Especially the lenovo one. MS blacklisted it only because it filled the whole internet.

7. Calistoga

Calistoga MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    That key won't stay on those two pages forever. The first leaked Lenovo Ultimate key is, and will forever be the only blacklisted OEM:SLP key for Windows 7.

;)

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Agreed :) and that was because it was leaked from some levono employee even before they sent out OEM:SLP machines so key was blacklisted before rollout.

9. hemingway60

Aug 13, 2009
    Might get blacklisted but I doubt it. So Daz's loader can fool WAT with no problem? Won't MS detect that windows has been tempered with? Especially in their upcoming SP1 which will detect any loader's or cracks?

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You think it wont get blacklisted :D

I have two enterprise keys.
    one i have never given out it still has 500 activations left.
    the other key found on the net that when checked 3 days ago had 10495 activation left,
    i just checked again this moment and it is down to 8517.

Can i say any more the minute it is given out forget it, wont last long.

11. hemingway60

Aug 13, 2009
    Lol, I think the MAK key you mentioned is the one I'm trying to use. It has 8342 right now. But why would it get blacklisted? Once the limit is reached, the key becomes unusable and no more machines will get activated using it.

12. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Because it was improperly used through the eyes of MS and they blacklist such inappropriate use but hey use it and we'll consider your temporary activation a test or something :p...lol

13. hemingway60

Aug 13, 2009
    I wouldn't have wasted my time then. I have lots of programs installed besides many tweaks and settings which I made. I don't want repeat all that again. Besides, I can revert back to Ultimate if I do get blacklisted, right?

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Everyone has windows setup the way they want it with tweaks programs e.c.t most have backups of there system. But eventually you still need a fresh install it's up to you whether you do downgrade i can't say if its safe i know it works but anything can happen power cut hard drive failure e.c.t. if i was that bothered i would flash my bios or just buy windows. And that is even worse
    even more time spent.

15. ar_seven_am

ar_seven_am MDL Senior Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Just wondering, why oh why anyone here intended to use some old trick that will get caught by MS rather than use safe methode ,without worry having blacklist key n get annoying message "Windows is not genuine" everytime? Is it so hard to be "friend" with MS with OEM methode rather than to be "enemy" with this vl/mak key methode???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Why would anyone do this ?????????????????????????????????

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...