download and install updates offline for specific system

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by avi smile, Oct 27, 2015.

1. avi smile

avi smile MDL Junior Member

Mar 1, 2015
    #1 avi smile, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
    hi there

how could i download updates offline specific to my system (like drivers etc.) and then install them?

i have "WHDownloader" but this just gives me updates that all systems get :weep:

i also found another program "portup" but that has some bugs so i have the .cab files but i don't know what to do with them o_O update: i contacted the dev of portup and he produced another version to fix the bugs working 100%:clap:

for a Conclusion
    1. how to download system specific updates
    2. how to install them (make windows update see them as downloaded)

thanks in advance :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    Try Autopatcher ;)

3. avi smile

Mar 1, 2015
    1. this doesn't give any options which updates to download it just gives me everything in one big package

2. it is not PC specific it's OS specific ;)

thanks anyway for trying:biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012

You can download the updates for your OS and when you try to install them it will scan your system and provide you with the specific updates for your system. Will even show which one are already installed. Will provide list of critical as well as optional updates too (which you need to select manually).:D

5. avi smile

Mar 1, 2015
    what i'm understanding from you is that in order to download "Genesys Logic - Other hardware - Genesys Logic USB3.0 Card Reader" for my win 8.1 i need first to download the 900 something pack and then try to install it and then it will show me the option to download and install the Genesys driver (or even then it won't :cool:)

6. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012

It is a OS specific (Win 7, Win 8.1 etc.) update downloader ( Since you mentioned WHDownloader ).

If you are just looking for DRIVERS update uitlity - Google it - Lot of third party utilities are available - Even brand specific up-daters are available from respective Manufacturers.

Autopatcher will only provide Windows OS updates along with some other essential add-on software's such as adobe reader, adobe flash etc.

7. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I was wanting updates for my specific system. Asus Sabertooth Z77.

What I have done so far is done a new install of Win 8.1 x64 Update 3. Turning OFF WUS.
    Once installed and activated I set WUS to just check for updates and NOT to install them. I manually made a list of all the updates.
    Then using W.H updater and W.U.D updater I downloaded all the updates I could get.
    Put them all into one folder.

then I amended my updates required lists to look like this
    then I used simple codes such as

to copy the updates my machine requires.

Then I will use DISM to add to an off line image and do another install and see what differences WUS shows.

Rather long winded I know but I'll see how it goes.

WUS shows me a total of 162 updates
    Using the above method I have 125 updates to install. leaving 37 updates not accounted for.
    I have taken off the Win 10 updates, I got a list of 6 updates.

.net updates I have left for now.

I will be testing this out tomorrow if I get chance.

I was wondering if there is a set order to install updates ?

If there is a long way round to do something, I will find it...:D