Download Manager Breaks ISP Speed Limit ?!?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by noekk, Jun 10, 2014.

1. noekk

noekk MDL Novice

Sep 15, 2013
    Hey guys,

I have a cheap internet package (don't ask) with a download cap of about 120Kb/s (browser or torrent makes no difference.) I've been using the Autodesk download manager and can't believe I'm getting close to 1Mb/s; I knew my connection was capable but I thought it was locked in the hardware modem, how is it that software alone can break the speed limit ? And more importantly, can I do something so I get that speed all the time ?

Thanks.

2. ismethere

ismethere MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014
    hi, noekk...may I know what your real ISP Download Speed??? please show me your speed test...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Support | TNG

Support | TNG MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2013
    Well, would hate to break it to you but some Download Managers display speed in Kilo Bits per second (kbps) (e.g. 1 mega bits per second in your case) and some (e.g. Internet Download Manager) list the speed in Kilo Bytes per second (KBps) (e.g. 120 KBps for your scenario). So, in nutshell you have a 1 mbps internet connection (which is a good thing) :rolleyes:. Try IDM for testing the speed.